1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simpsons opening credits last nite (3/26)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by white lightning, Mar 27, 2006.

1. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

ive seen this clip, but i didnt realize SIMPSONS actually was behind this.. i thought it was a spoof.. they actually aired this as the opening clip? either way it was very well done.. down to the detail...

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

It was posted here a few weeks back, in which I believe is the same one they showed last night. I thought it was pretty accurate, but could've used better actors.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Simpsons living in Europe would answer what US state they lived in.

5. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Actually, IIRC in one episode they said they were in Western Kentucky - I don't know if they meant the West part of Kentucky or a made up a state called Western Kentucky (like West Virginia).

6. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

but in another episode, the superintendent says that the school was once classified the worst school in missouri but then he later says that the school was moved so you dont know if the school was moved within or outside of missouri

7. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Matt Groening is from Portland, so some of the stuff is based on things from around here. Many of the characters are named after streets in town. The Simpsons address is the same address that Matt grew up in, and his parents still live there. There is a Springfield, OR close to Portland, but there's a Springfield in about half the states in the US.

8. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

I remember an episode where I think they were leaving Springfield and there were road signs to every major city near a Springfield in the U.S.

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I read it wasn't actually done by the Simpsons, it's a commercial for the new season the've been running in England for Sky. If you look carfully, it was obviously filmed in England. Somebody posted it before and you could see that for last night, they flipped the image so the Marge and Maggie in the car scene was proper for America. I think since the ep was written by Ricky Gervais and had a British theme to it, they decided to use it for the opening.

10. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

That's cool.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

OMG, that was freaking classic...I especially loved it when they showed Homer's crack as he was running through the garage...

Too bad they couldn't film that kid whipping around the corner on his skateboard while holding the light pole, though...

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Was Ricky Gervais the voice of Charlie?

13. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The best part about the video, though, is all the attention to detail they put in it. It had Smithers putting his watch up to his head when Homer was leaving the factory, there was Moe and Bleeding Gums Murphy on the street as Bart was skating by, and those twins in the purple dresses were sitting next to Lisa during band practice...this gets better every time I watch it...

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

A, did you catch Smithers and Mr. Burns in the factory? They couldn't get Mayor Bill White to go to England to play the part, but it's still good...