1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silver linings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We all wish Alperen wasn't hurt. But, seeing as it's just an ankle and he'll be ready to roll next season...the Rockets get a chance for Jalen to up his trade value in the wide open offense from here on in. Gotta sell into this short cover in the offseason.

We also improve our odds of a top 4 pick, but at the cost of likely helping OKC.

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I hope it works out that way.
    But if Jalen puts up enough mediocre games that some think is a sign of vast improvement, we may get stuck with him as the starting 2 guard for eternity.

Corrosion, clutchdabear and Plowman like this.
  3. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I don’t think having more usage in a less competitive team will help his trade value or development a lot. He has already done that for a long time.

4. Plowman

Supporting Member

Again, he'll have the kind of free rein where he can thrive rather than the structure of our normal offense...much of it going through AS. We've been here before. You deal Green to rebuilding team with the same MO. Forgetting that he shouldn't have been drafted in the first place, the kid should have been dealt before the season started, or very early on. We'll get a chance to recoupe some of that now. Along with the right target opening up...NOT Trae Young.

#4 Plowman, Mar 12, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would rather call them David Stern linings than Silver linings.

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bluntly said that is not our cup of tea once he is off the team.....his agent should deal with the ramifications.

8. Ancient Moabite

Another coded I want Green traded thread

roslolian, RedIsen and Believe It! like this.
  9. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Aren't there enough threads to put this in?

RedIsen likes this.
  10. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I am talking about the rest of the season, not after he is traded. The op’s suggestion is that green’s value will go up in the wide open offense. I just don’t agree with that. If anything it could go down because it is more likely that he will have to make more decisions and take more shots and create more, which are unlikely to suddenly improve.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. Plowman

Supporting Member

NO

ico4498 likes this.
  12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Vast improvement from Jalen would be bad???

Ok

13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LOL

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mean yeah as he always does, in the last 15 games or so he is averaging 29 ppg......I think other teams figured out that he is taking off 2 months of the season or let's say playing poorly.

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think the worst thing that can happen is Jalen plays fairly well over these last 18 games and Stone is duped into handing him a max extension and we're stuck with him playing like ass for the first 50 games for the next 4 years.

fattz likes this.
  16. Plowman

Supporting Member

Glad we beat the Wizards. Again, this was so predictable. Sell into it in the offseason.

jim1961 likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Doesn't take a genius to know we will beat Wizards who have the worst record. I don't think that's worth patting yourself on the back everyone knows this is the most likely scenario lol this doesn't a deserve a new thread.

18. Plowman

Supporting Member

Read the original post from yesterday morning. I'm not talking about just beating the Wizards, fool. It's about this kid playing well minus our crew, upping his trade value and moviing him. End of season, wide open offense not flowing through AS...He can't play in structure. I don't give a damn what he does the rest of the season, you find the target, and get a lot of that value back. WTF's wrong with you making this personal. I wanted him gone before the season started.. We'll get a chance to recoupe a lot of it.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's not getting traded and even trade Jalen Green been done in a dozen other threads.

20. Plowman

Supporting Member

Valid concern - I hear you, but I don't thiink Ime (or Stone) will allow that to happen.