1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Showtime] Homeland

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by azoghbi, Oct 3, 2011.

1. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

Just watched the Pilot episode for Showtime's new show, Homeland.

On paper, the premise sounds a bit 24ish, but the execution is surprisingly fresh. You can read about the premise here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_(TV_series). As a fan of Breaking Bad and other "extreme attention to detail" dramas, I think this one might be a winner as well. The major question is how long the premise can go on for before it gets stale. Claire Danes and Damian Lewis (Band of Brothers) both had a strong start and fans of Firefly will be excited to see Morena Baccarin featured as well.

I'll go ahead and give this a pretty high recommendation and if you guys don't like it, feel free to let me have it... Metacritic seems to like it with a 91 out of 100 currently...

Anyone else seen this yet?

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah I enjoyed the first episode so far. I'm going to give it some more time before I put a full assessment on how good/bad it is.

3. TheresTheDagger

I really liked Damien in Band of Brothers. Sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member