1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we persue Ndudi Ebi?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sir Geving, May 15, 2003.

1. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Ebi has decided to test the NBA draft.
    http://collegebasketballnews.theinsiders.com/2/110225.html

Should we try to gett him? He is projected to go early in the second round. And as a see it he got great potential. And I think he would be a great player to get. He is an all around player that coaches love. He is 6-9 and that's long enough to go inside. And he has a great shooting touch, and good ballhandling. His jumper is really sweet. And we need a outside shooter right? And he would likely play SF, due to his weight, in my eyes we need a SF/PF so that's good too. Eventually as he puts on weight, maybe he will play PF, but when he comes in he's a SF.
    He is also a Houston native, so he would probably love to play for Houston. I think we should try to swing a deal to get this guy. What do y'all think?

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I bet you somebody takes him late in the first round. GMs are so scared of passing up on the next Kobe or Mcgrady that they're taking more chances on high school players...

Knowing our luck, San Antonio will pick him up and he'll be ROY of the year next season...

3. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

So you are saying that we should or souldn't try to swing a deal for him?

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Are you sure hes from Houston? He sounds like hes from Ethiopia! I am cuious to know what his heritage is? If I find out, I will let all know why, especially if he is Ethiopian.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

He attends high school here.

6. A-Train

OH...I didn't read the "swing a deal" part...I saw that he would go in the second round and thought he might be there when the Rockets pick came up...

Personally, 2nd round high school prospects aren't worth giving up more than a scrub player for. I doubt that anybody will give up a draft pick for Tito Maddox or Juaquin Hawkins...now, Moochie is another story. :)

Wasn't he one of the top five high school prospects in the country? That's why I think he'll go in the first round...

7. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

If we did get him and he's not a stud by the time he's 20, are we all going to give up on him and call him a waste, a la EG?

8. A-Train

Of course, Ebi doesn't have near the hype that Griffin had when he entered the draft, and I would guess he ALREADY has twice the work ethic that Griffin does...

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Ebi was an Arizona commit. He almost came to Texas. Not sure he's ready for the pros yet. Kendrick Perkins out of Beaumont is another hometown product.

10. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Yetti
    Don't be naive. Haven't heard of names like Nguyen, Lopez, Olowokandi, Trevino etc. Does any of those names tell you that they are not Americans?

FYI, Ndudi is an American born to Nigerian parents. He is also a Houstonian. I know him personally - or at least I have met him. My very good friend is his god-father. I am shocked about this news because we were convinced he will be going to college. Things change and I don't really know what prompted this change of plans but according to reports he has not ruled out going to Arizona anyway. His parents are not poor or at least that much in need.

He is tallented and long. But his body and game still needs lots of development. Just like T-Mac and Jermaine O'neal, he needs time to develope to his fullest ability. This means the team that drafts him will start reaping their harvest towards they end of his rookie career. I would love to have him here in Houston. We don't have a high draft pick so drafting a quality guy late in the draft is a crap shoot. Anyway, Ndudi can have great work outs and shoot himself straight into a lottery pick. All the best wishes to him.

11. La Marque

La Marque Member

I don't Yetti was being naive. The way it sound is Yetti is Ethiopian himself and just wanted to know. I could be wrong.

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Thanks for the info, Fegwu. He sounds like an intriguing prospect.

13. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

His parents are Nigerian and he was born in London. He goes to Westberry Christian thats what it says in the magazine SLAM 69

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

i saw the him play he is really not as skinny as sum r sayin. i got too talk to him and meet him, he is about 6'10 in his shoes his shot is good if u leave him open, he can dunk like crazy. he did not dribble that much but did pass good for a highschool player i think if he worked on his dribbling he can be sumthin special in the nba he is like a young t-mac (got to see him in highschool too)only thing is t-mac had better handles but worse shot. but all in all he will prolly be like a t-mac or kg depends on if he wants to be in the post or out on the wing.

ohh he also is awsome at blocking he was swating shots left and right.

15. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Kind of looks like T-Mac:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Dude's a great player. And he's got a good head on his shoulders. Met him at a Westbury game, and he talked about colleges. Seemed like he was really excited about it, didn't think in a million years he'd declare.

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

nbadraft.net's got Miami taking him at #33. I think the Rockets should consider getting him if he really does forego Zona.

17. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Would be a great pick I think. At first I did not know about him very much, but after reading about him alittle he seems to be alot like Darius Miles with a better shot. Maybe he could get to know Griffin and they could help each other. I think that is one of Griffin's problems, he is a loner.

18. New Jack

New Jack Member

If the Rockets do intend to load the team up with veteran players, I definitely wouldn’t mind drafting Ebi, and grooming him for the future.

19. OUTITAN

OUTITAN Member

In the great Rocket fan tradition, Yes.

20. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

tradition???Who else did we give up on?