1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the rockets trade for darko?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leebigez, Jun 23, 2011.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Just curious in case the rumors of kanter going to minny are true. He will never live up to the #2 pick and thabeet probably won't either, but togethermaybe they can serve as 1 solid center. If the rockets could get what minny got out darko, 8.5ppg 5.2 rebs and 2 blks in 24 mins. If the rockets can get thabeets production to what he was at the end of his rookie yr, 6pts 5rebs 1.5blk in 21 mins, would that be good enough to help them move along?

2. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

I would much rather get Pekovic instead.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This.

Darko's problem is not skill, it is work ethic and heart... Not a guy I would want in the locker room.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think Thabeet already fills the "busty #2 pick" quota.

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'd like to think I know something about Darko.

And I prefer Hayes, honestly, though I think some of the fault can be given to Kahn and Rambis for actually trying to make him a significant part of the offense. But sadly, Hayes is MUCH better offensively, not least because Hayes actually knows his limitations and ironically is a much better passer. Darko is sort of like Ariza. He's nowhere as good as he thinks he is, which means he does all sorts of stupid things that he should never be doing.

Darko can serve as a defensive presence ( which was why we were really excited when we got him because Jefferson played no defense), but that's about it, and he has trouble understanding that is all he really should do. He's not better offensively than Hayes, and he is not a better rebounder as he has no clue how to box out. leeb, if your response is "Thabeet's not going to be an offensive force either", the response is that Darko's closer to Ariza than Ben Wallace on offense. That's not a compliment.

6. Raven

Raven Member

You wouldn't take Darko over Thabeet?

7. Porksta

Porksta Member

Darko has a ring.

/thread

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

He had 1 point in the playoffs for that 'ring.'

/thread

9. AusEaglez

AusEaglez Member

First off I would like to say hey to everyone I have been following clutchfans for several years now and decided to start commenting on the forums, so I hope to get some of the clutchfans love instead of hate, but only time will tell I guess aye haha.

Anyway I think Darko is a solid backup at best and a probable starter on a lower team in desperate need of a center. I think if we didnt have Hayes I would consider it but considering Darko's lack of work ethic I can't see him working here in a rockets uni. If we could get him for a high 2nd rounder and maybe someone like brad miller (if the numbers work), get it done other wise leave him in minny.

1 person likes this.
  10. herro

herro Member

If he meanders over with the #2 overall then I'm all for it

Derrick Williams ftw

11. bill-sam

bill-sam Member

This guy is a totally loser he didn't show much ambition in his game ,besides,his salary isn't worth that much。

12. J-Man

J-Man Member

Is this a joke??

13. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

You know who drafted Pekovic? :)

[​IMG]

Not a fan of Pekovic's contract though.

14. AusEaglez

AusEaglez Member

Yeah I agree and plus I think we need either a really big center like if we could get Kanter or if there is anyway to get an athletic center like a Deandre Jordan or JaVale.

I think Pekovic isnt worth our time really he hasnt done much it seems. At least with darko he brings a little bit of an offensive arsenal, not saying that I want him here

15. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Pekovic is so much superior to Darko that it is not even worth a debate. Pekovic is a vastly superior player to Darko.

16. AusEaglez

AusEaglez Member

ok well to be honest I havent followed to much of the wolves, I dont even think their own fans follow them to much haha, but Yeah I can see that he is better than Darko but why waste anything on either of them, we need to find someone better than both of those two.

17. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

You know that "intangibles" junk all the stats geeks play with? The +/- stuff that tells us Hayes and Battier are All Stars? For 2010-11, Darko was -0.4 and Pekovic was -6.4.

Not saying I buy into the stats junk...but hey. There it is. Something that those who don't watch can hang their hat on.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah, Pekovic is definitely better than Darko, however Peks isn't really a good defensive presence, which is what we need. With KMart and C-bud and Scola, we have some good offensive weapons already. He's a good man-to-man defender but he lacks understanding of the NBA defensive game.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not really. Unless you have decent sample size +/- is a load of garbage. One good game by you (your opponent, your teammate or your backup) distorts the +/- significantly. I'm not sure how sure how many mins Pekovic has played but its probably not worth looking at seeing as how he had to split time with Darko and it was his rookie year.

20. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

If we got Darko and he played to his max potential, he could help us move from 43 wins to 44 wins.

Leebigez, don't freak out before the draft. You're a better judge of players than this.