1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets go ALL IN and trade for Westbrook?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Hehehe

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He doubled down by trading away Capela, thus cleaning up the lane for Westbrook.

#222 daywalker02, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    dreamshakin, Air Yordan and BigShasta like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I almost miss Jopat and his conspiracy theories.

ElDobleK likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

well damn...yeah, at this point I was buggin buggin, but these thoughts were on July 6th, and the trade happened on July 11th at which point I had already changed my mind to being in approval of trading for Russ because I thought he had more upside than Chris Paul and was younger

so whatever, I’ll hold the L for this particular thread

D-rock, dreamshakin, Fyreball and 2 others like this.
  5. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Lucky for you a thread that includes a classic 'holic fail means, at the very least, you wont have to carry that L alone. Lol

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

holic still catching residual Ls long after his banning...legendary

D-rock, topfive, Fyreball and 2 others like this.
  7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Whatever happened to him?

Vote Leonard.

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

lol i member

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

yep

10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

thise takes people were making sure didnt age well

11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

alot of people on here was being dumb with those hot takes lol. i guess the same house is playing a dangerous game crowd. good thing in was on the right side of history

Air Yordan likes this.
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I was wrong about Westbrook.

After a decade of watching him, I never thought he had it in him to play smarter. I always knew he had the potential to do this, but his decision making was always absolute dogs**t. The Russell Westbrook we've seen for the last 2 months is the guy he always should have been.

Still not convinced a team with a healthy CP3 (and whatever we used the picks on) wouldn't be equally awesome, but as a player Westbrook has far exceeded my expectations.

13. rockets13champs

LOL

14. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Same. FAX!

15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I definitely miss him, I loved reading his super long wall of text posts. He was almost like a mad scientist, he kind of reminded me of Bill Simmons in the way that he would come up with these crazy scenarios. He would always assume that he knew what everyone was thinking, like "GM1 has to know that his team doesn't fit with player X, so they must be shopping him, GM2 must know that player X is a great fit on his team, so he would offer back player Y and picks in return, and GM3 would know that he could move into this deal because of these salaries that fit plus he has player Z that GM2 is obviously interested in" and so on. And it all made sense in his head, but the thing is, it all falls apart if you're wrong about even one thing in this complex chain of hypothetical that he would build up.

The main difference is that Simmons will present this stuff as a hypothetical, and state that he's making wild assumptions that may or may not be true. Holic on the other hand would assume that he can read minds, so he would present it all as fact, or act like he had some kind of insider info, when it was actually just all in his head.

D-rock likes this.
  16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Still one of the worst trades in franchise history.

Unbelievably stupid of Tilman to force us to make this trade.

17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

u wasnt using ur basketball brain. anyone taht really watches the game knows that russ has never had thia spacing. everyone knew the teams werent bulit to highlight his driving. so i expected the result he showed prior to here n now here.
    oh n btw those prior seasons were pretty good lol...mvps, the man gave u a triple dub 3 years in a row n people doubted him lol.

i mean its the same with simmons. man is already good. but anyone in there right mind can see if u built a team already him or even embid those teams would be great. n both would be mvps. simmons is basically giannis...like giannis is basically russ.

so to say it was a surprise to people bout russ n oh they never knew he could play like this is not honestly.

when has he had a team like this before?

D-rock likes this.
  18. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

We got the better player in the trade and Westbrook a top 10 MVP candidate right now

D-rock likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No we didn't - despite his recent hot streak, his advanced stats are still pretty mediocre.

No he isn't
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/mvp.html

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

CP3 great player but cannot win games by himself.

Westbrook can.

2 MVPs better than 1.

Plus Russ provides energy and breakneck pace which complements Harden.

jcmoon likes this.