1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Short term housing help?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kilgore Trout, Jan 28, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I am considering taking an internship for the summer in New Orleans but my appartment is in Baton Rouge. I dont have any family there to stay with for free and dont want to spend a lot of money (internship is unpaid). Do you guys have any suggestion on how to find a cheap place to stay for a month or two? Is it even possible to cheaply live somewhere temporaily? Sublease from another student maby?

Thanks for any help

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This sounds like a good idea.

How cheap?

3. ees

ees Member

Talk to your future employers - maybe a bleeding heart will let you crash on a couch. Some apartments rent guest suties by the week, which are typically cheaper than hotels and have more ammenities. Subleasing is your best bet though.

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Try the Univ. New Orleans or Tulane student newspapers. The classifieds usually have some sublease ads in them.