1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[shooting] El Paso Walmart scene of active shooter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Aug 3, 2019.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Guns are so easy to get. It's like buying candy. I'm talking just on the streets. Ban bullets and ammo?

2. VanityHalfBlack

I have an 8 inch pen is. I don't need no damn gun, lol

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Blurr#7 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't agree with you but you have a salient argument, so I respect your opinion.

I'm not opposed to another assault weapons ban. My understanding of the impetus of 'right to bear arms' is the ability to defend yourself from the government, but let's be perfectly honest- the United States has the most powerful and technologically advanced military in the history of the world. There's no way my AR-15 is going to size up to an Apache helicopter. I might as well just have a pistol or a shotgun. Even a grenade launcher, which you can acquire, couldn't do the trick.

steddinotayto likes this.
  5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

I thought that at Ft Hood (Hasan), a pistol (FN Herstal) was used rather than a long gun. Is a pistol classified as an assault weapon?

Probably pistols were used at Virginia Tech as well.

#105 Mango, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The "assault weapons ban" also had provisions for high capacity magazines limiting them to 10 rounds(the only part of the law that made any sense). The mag capacity could have made a difference in the Va Tech shooting. I don't know much about the Fort Hood shooting.

7. rockbox

Rocket River likes this.
  8. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

I took the usage of "Assault Weapons Ban" to be strictly the ban on assault weapons (long guns) since that is a common weapon in many of the other shooting events. If it was also meant to cover the magazines in pistols, then that is different.

9. rockbox

The Assault Weapons Ban was very poorly written because it's really hard to define what an Assault Weapon really was versus a non-assault weapon. The only part that was easy to understand and made sense was magazine capacity or "large capacity ammunition feeding devices" as stated in the law.

BTW: The official name of the act is "Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act"

#109 rockbox, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019