1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooting at congressional baseball game

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Jun 14, 2017.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The government is only there because folks let them be there to govern, when it becomes too oppressive or unpopular it will fall.

Trump is HORRIBLY unpopular - and the GOP's policies are as well. They have proven time and time again to fail, look at Kansas these days, there is nothing wrong with fiscal conservatism, but the GOP is not fiscally conservative, when they are increasing military spending all the time.

People are angry on both sides of the aisle at Washington, and thanks to the 2nd amendment many are armed. I doubt this will be the last time those in charge right now are targeted, their polices are wildly unpopular and only help the top 1% while screwing over so many.

There are consequences to lining your pockets over working FOR your constituents....this is what happens....

Is anyone REALLY surprised?

DD

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Looks like the lines are drawn in this thread. Sad state for our country.

You're supposed to blame the victims for not using their God given duty to shoot back.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Dark Rhino likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It was similar with gabby Giffords when people complained about how loony and frothing alex Jones and his kind were for the extreme right.

What now? More anger and resentment for the other side or we actually do something?

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Wait wait, let me guess: Republicans don't think this is FAKE NEWS!

6. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Disgusting, stupid, and tragic. Glad that people weren't killed. Wishing a speedy recovery for al of those wounded.

Good that Bernie came out and spoke against this specifically because he found out that the shooter was a volunteer for his campaign.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I just want to congratulate the MSM for reporting very well on this strongly anti-libtard event.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The left has a real problem. They react violently when others have a different viewpoint on a political position. They are so used to their comfy echo chambers where the mainstream media whips them into a frenzy, that they are 100% convinced they are right - even to the point where they justify violence against Republicans, like DaDakota just did. Completely intolerant of others' opinions, they'd simply rather just act out violently than engage in more cool-headed discussion like adults. Very immature way to go about things, that's for sure.

AntiSonic and Dark Rhino like this.
  10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The thing that's messing with my head is: Virginia is an open carry state. And it did nothing helpful at all in this case, as in 99.9% of other cases.

11. tallanvor

most these people probably don't live in Virginia, they live in DC which has very strict gun laws.

http://gun.laws.com/state-gun-laws/district-of-columbia-gun-laws

Dark Rhino likes this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yes. Violent is never justified and is counter effective. We aren't anywhere close to needing to overthrow any government. Just too much hate and I'm surprise that someone that look up to Bernie would go this extreme TBH. Teach me that this world is so easily full of hate, from all direction at the extremes.

But then, it's just one person. I don't think we should be so quick to think this mean there are so many more or that others that are passionate about politic tend to be violent. That would be an over reaction at this stage.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing Congressmen probably carry sidearms at a lower rate than your average citizen. Especially to softball practices at 6AM.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

it would be helpful if there are no guns, but that's not happening

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

We did a super duper bunch of violence to overthrow the Iraq government. A lotta people got shot with guns. Bad! And guess what: it was all a massive war crime coz we invaded without any just cause.
    Now we're doing Syria, or am I mistaken?
    No, Americans are the experts at doing violence against governments. That's why I'm not sneezing when someone gets shot in the USA. Yeah, someday it might be me who gets shot! Coz USA....

17. tallanvor

do i need to? i mean you knwo they work in DC and spend most their time there.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I also am native to the area and know that DC is not a residential town because of building height restrictions, and most DC workers live in VA. Born 2 miles from the crime scene, 30 miles away right now.

That is why the #2 and #3 wealthiest counties in America are in northern VA.

19. Nook

Nook Member

I take it that you haven't been to large pockets of the world......... I have had the opportunity to travel and in some cases live in a number of places outside of the USA. Violence is not more mainstream in the USA than large areas in the Middle East, Africa, South America and Eastern Europe.

I would agree with you that "violence" is depicted more in mainstream media in the USA than Western Europe, but even that is loaded.... because 70 years ago over 40,000,000 Europeans were killed in a 10 year span, and another 12,000,000 were killed as a result of violence only a few decades before that.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I do. There is a difference between softball and baseball. Which one is it?

We sitting round here talking about practice.

CometsWin likes this.