1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooting at congressional baseball game

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Jun 14, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The fact that people like RL & co feel like they need a whataboutism to feel cathartic tells you how entrenched it must feel to be in a cult where if one of them gets in trouble, all of them feel an innate responsibility to fight back.

RL didn’t send a dozen IED’s... so why is he fighting so hard as if he did too?

The Scalise shooter is a murderous nutcase and should go to jail for life. I want none of that in my political party. I want a party of peace. Why can’t someone like RL just say something similar? Why can he not seperate the actions of one MAGA nutcase from another?

Quite astounding on a deeper level of how the human psyche conforms in a cult like groupthink. We are truly in Jonestown now folks.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

The fool of fools...the Legend himself

B-Bob and Deckard like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It figures. The Russian bot. Software spewing lies.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Pointing out hypocrisy and double standard isn't whataboutism. Again I ask why the media's reaction to this is so much different. It's a simple question

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Its definitely "whataboutism" until you call out fixing CURRENT problem. Instead, you hope to ignore or thrown cover on the current abuse

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. dobro1229

You not being able to condemn the acts and instead trying to turn attention to false equivalency is exactly what whataboutism is. Why are you incapable of simply condemning or shutting up? Why take the condemning of the bomber personally to where you feel it’s an attack on you you need whataboutism to justify?

There’s no reason on earth to use a mass bombing attempt terrorist attack as an opportunity to call out hypocrisy unless you feel you personally have some stake in the bombers efforts you feel you need to defend.

None... just condemn and shut up. When the Scalise shooting happened I didn’t say “but Tea Party protests were out of hand!!!”. I didn’t feel the need to stand up for the Scalise shooter in that way. Why do you with the bomber?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

The answer is simple. Elections are around the corner. Winning an election is more important than being a decent person. Just another reason why I continue to bang the table for term limits. Jeff Flake made the point for me in the Kavanaugh insanity. Flake said he would have never even asked for the FBI investigation if he was running for office again.

B-Bob and dobro1229 like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This Senator Flake?

Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake tells 'The View' he's not sure he believed Brett Kavanaugh
    https://www.deseretnews.com/article...hes-not-sure-he-believed-brett-kavanaugh.html

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

answer my question

10. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Not sure of your point.

Here's another Flake quote taken right out of your link...

“If the mere allegation with no corroboration is sufficient to disqualify someone, we’ve entered a new phase that we probably don’t want to enter.”

My point was Flake answered a direct question on what I think was a 60 minutes interview. They asked if he would have asked for the FBI investigation if he was running for re-election. He was a FIRM NO.

That's a major problem in this country. We need to take the concern of constantly being re-elected away from the house and senate members. Set term limits so these hacks can make decisions based on the right thing to do and not what they perceive as being the right thing to do to get re-elected.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

But, troll, it's not a sincere question. It's what we call in America a "rhetorical question." As usual, you are just promoting (someone's) agenda. You don't care about dialogue or any real exchange or any real comparison between this 2017 shooting nowhere near a midterm, and this completely different weirdo pipe bombing incident two weeks before the 2018 midterms. Have a nice day, wherever you are!

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because you’re blind and like to imagine shot that isn’t there

edwardc likes this.
  13. dobro1229

Why the media’s reaction is different? I think you have selective memory... they covered the Scalise shooter. They are covering the single larger poltical assasination attempt in modern day history as well. I don’t get your point other than carrying water for Trump that this “bombing” thing is a covered too much by the media instead of covering the apocalyptic end of the world attempt at Central Americans to cross the border in a “Caravan” to try and claim asylum.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I'm sorry I don't remember the media blaming Bernie or Democrats for the Scalise shooting

edwardc likes this.
  15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

because bernie wasnt telling his supporters to commit acts of violence against people who hurt his feelings like trump does.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The answer is because "Orange man bad" is their pre-programmed response.

[​IMG]

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

bullshit

18. Granville

Granville Member

There are multiple Democrats right now asking their supporters to get aggressive with others. Wrong is wrong. Both parties need to dial it down.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The media is blaming Trump on today's shooting even though the shooter didn't even vote for Trump. Tell me again the double standard doesn't exist.

Granville likes this.
  20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

False equivalence, derp.