1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaun Livingston now starting for the Wizards

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by deadlybulb, Mar 22, 2010.

1. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

This, apparently has gone under the radar with all the drama the Wizards have had this season, but I think it's an incredible story. Shaun Livingston has been signed by the Wiz for the remainder of the season.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/19/1537800/wizards-sign-livingston-through.html

He played well for the Wiz on two 10 day contracts and gets his first start today. He's looking sharp and even had a MONSTER double clutch dunk in the first quarter against the Lakers.

They just showed footage of the devastating knee injury he suffered in '07 as a Clippper in a game against Washington:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AO_0Uy2rnk

I thought the injury was so gruesome that he'd never be able to come back.

It's doubtful that he'll regain the explosiveness that he had pre injury, but I think this guy still has some game to contribute for an NBA team.

I will be watching him for the remainder of the season and rooting for his success.

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

this is great news... I wish him the best

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good for him.....I hope he makes it all the way back.

DD

4. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

I always loved this kid. I wish him the best. :cool:

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Somehow my brain told me this was Randy Livingston and I had to catch myself. I heard Randy actually did attempt a comeback recently. So I have to admit I was extra surprised.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i watched him a couple of times on the 10 day contracts.. he still didn't look like he had much. i'd imagine he won't be on a team next season. But I hope he proves me wrong...he was so talented pre-injury

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm very pleased to hear of this. I wish him the best.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Damn Randy Foye

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G9cFfySB6Do&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G9cFfySB6Do&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Dude is back!

10. Omer

Omer Member

Nice dunk, especially for someone who suffered such a serious injury.

Hope he gets back to doing that more often.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hope he can make it. I like the kid. He has incredible court vision. The NBA needs to have more great passers. Just need to beef up.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wasn't Jay Williams supposed to try to play in China recently? Whatever happened to that?

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He was a phenom when he came out, sorry to see his career go off the rails. Hope the best for his comeback

14. Steve_Francis_rules

I wish the guy the best but I never understood the hype surrounding him. People were comparing him to Magic when he came into the league. Then it was, "oh, well he's still young." But Magic was already taking his team to the NBA championship as a 19 year old NBA rookie.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't believe he is back playing at all after that injury - unreal.

16. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

it hurts to watch that :eek:

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I always liked livingston as a pg. He's a natural pg with a very high bbiq in terms of who and where players want the ball. I doubt he will get his full explosion back, but his natural ability should benefit a team. If i were a team with a kinda combo guard at point, i would sign him. If i were phoenix with an aging nash, i would sign him too. If i were the knicks,i wouldve signed him. Philly is another team that could use a facilitator.

18. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

Livingston starting doesnt surprise me he was wat? a top 5 pick a few years back?

he has all the talent in the world and I hope he has a successful comeback.. no more injuries

19. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He may not have been Magic, but he was (and probably still is) a hyper talented player. More on par with the Brandon Jennings/Russell Westbrook type crop.

20. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

he was hyped cuz of his rare size and was a PG, naturally a PG as tall as Magic is gona draw those comparisons.. and it helped that he was really good too

jus like every1 and they moma were always billed the next Jordan that was his similar size and duniking ability :rolleyes: