1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Shaq's Game: Weaknesses

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Jun 13, 2001.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Oooh, ooh, I have!!! But the problem is you only have a certain number of fouls to give and you probably only have 2 or 3 guys on your team you can send out at him without being broken in half. And, and, and... Shaq still gets 30 while bricking his FT's anyway.

------------------
    "Now it is more clear that it doesn't make sense." -- HeyPeeism at its convoluted best.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

When asked about to Hack a Shaq or not to Hack a Shaq, I always respond, "I'd walk McGwire." -Shakespeare.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Whenever I'm asked about defending Shaq I always like to respond with, if there was a way to stop the guy, I'm sure somebody would've found it and used it by now. He is the singlemost unstoppable force since Wilt... with the possible exception of Jordan.

------------------
    "Now it is more clear that it doesn't make sense." -- HeyPeeism at its convoluted best.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Oh, and before you all get depressed... to beat a team with Shaq, you don't need to stop Shaq. That's been proven before. But you better be able to contain Kobe and make Shaq work his butt off.

------------------

5. SaFe

SaFe Contributing Member

Shaq may be talented, but size still plays a big part in his game. Those elbows he throws around on other players, they hurt (duh!) In the Sixers game, why do you think eventually, he is getting layups and dunks so easily, Mutumbo backed off. If you got elbowed by a 7ft 300 pound guy, I don't think you would want anymore. Since people eventually realize that refs don't call that elbow, they might as well avoid it and let him have the two. If they defended Shaq, Shaq would probably get the two, elbowe the guy in the face, and maybe even get an extra free-throw for the elbow contact $)#($)!#*(.

------------------

[This message has been edited by SaFe (edited June 14, 2001).]

6. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

I hate it when I hear this. Have you watched the man's footwork? Have you noticed his hand-eye coordination?

If size were all it took, then Brad Miller, Joel Pryzbilla, Greg Ostertag and Shawn Bradley would be all world too.

Shaq has great tools. He's athletic, he's big, he's strong, he has great hand-eye coordination. But he's worked hard to develop techniques for putting them all to use.

The college ranks, the USBL, and the overseas leagues are littered with seven footers who are big. Big players who can do what Shaq does come along once a decade.

------------------