1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Rockets emerge as possible suitor for Lakers’ Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Dec 12, 2018.

1. tc0330

tc0330 Member

watch yall love kcp after we get him lmao

CK Johnson and lionaire like this.
  2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i wonder if we go KCP, hart for gordon, melo with maybe a pick involved

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think KCP is a good player. Here are my main gripes with adding him as the main move.

A) he's UFA, his agent is Rich Paul and he will take the biggest payday. Unlikely this is anything more than a rental. Giving up draft picks for a half a season in a year where we could really use a pipeline of youth seems risky. This isn't a half season of a superstar. This is a half season of a player who is good, and will look good but isn't a game changer.
    B) I don't see him as a position of need. If we had a subsequent trade for Eric set up, adding KCP would make a lot of sense. The likely deal would send Knight to a third team with an asset and another expiring to LA with an asset. KCP is only listed at 6-5 with a wingspan of 6-8. Fun Fact: Eric Gordon has a 6-9 wingspan. (nice)

I think KCP is a great role player but I don't think he slots in as a three any more than Eric does. It would add some depth but I truly think we need some long players to replace the length we had in LMM and Ariza last season. The passing lanes need to be hard to thread, deflections lead to steals, turnovers and broken plays which lead to fast breaks, which lead to easy points.

Deckard, topfive and tc0330 like this.
  4. tc0330

tc0330 Member

nice points mayne. i wish there were more rumors for us to get nervous about lmao

treyk3 likes this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I still don't see KCP. This report seems based on old pre-Ariza-Lakers news. Lakers will want to keep their powder dry for some big-time trade that will or won't happen.

Why go 3-team trade for KCP? Unless he's a really good defender and can free us to make another deal with EGO. (Cyberx said we want to start kissing a...., er, getting in good with Rich Paul. Maybe that has something to do with all this?)

amaru likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A reasonable idea regarding Knight. If our guys are well set to get into the playoffs, then the pick should be given up for extra depth. However DM should try to protect the pick too.

Ryan_Success likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Honestly, at this point, I have no idea. The most I would be willing to give up for him is Ennis tbh.

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Emergence in progress !!!!

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

That would be a horrible trade.

saleem likes this.
  10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i agree to disagree.

11. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Trading Ennis for KCP doesn't make any sense to me. It's just a wash in terms of depth then.

Wing help is fine, but we're sorely in need of a power forward. There is no true power forward on the roster. Teams that have a big & athletic front line, look at the Raptors for example, we'd get eaten alive by them probably. Capela is often left to rebound on his own, and if he doesn't get the defensive rebound, no one will.

Just off the top of my head, I'd love a guy like Larry Nance, good rebounder and has even extended his range out to the 3 point line at times this year. His playmaking/passing has improved as well. Not sure of all the PF's who might be available, could be better options potentially, but Nance would be a solid target if attainable & the money works etc.

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

For this season Ennis is a much better player than KCP. KCP has a lot of more trade value than Ennis.
    This is a special season. The overpaid expiring contract has an unexpected tons of value because other team wants salary dump.

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

We need guys with ariza style wing span. But also a shooter. Wish we could of got oubre...or i want Bazemore pipe dream

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Oubre is a better player than Ariza. Wizards want 2 future Seconds. It is possible that Hawks want both First and Second for Knight's compensation.

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I would of gave them the 2 picks

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Another suspect 3PT shooter........

Bring it on !!!