1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Hawks interested in Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 31, 2020.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Bah. He only played 15 minutes against Portland in a game we were getting murdered on the boards anyway.

Collins is smaller. Makes sense right MDA?

(But really, if we could somehow get Collins and bring in Baynes! At least we would have a heap of talent for the next coach to work with)

joshuaao and ROXTXIA like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree, but Hawks are crap organization since Budenholzer left. Hunter (6'7 w/7'2 wingspan) still has potential and plays position that Rockets desperate to improve, 3-D wing.

Problem is that Hunter is not elite at anything yet. Still like Covington over Hunter, especially for a team like Rockets that is still in the hunt, pun intended.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

ok, tilman.

4. Fantasma Negro

His salary matches and he shoots better than any center we have excluding Nene

5. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

The Tatum max extension is coming up soon and they have Daniel Thesis to guard Embid.

32M for Kemba
    32M for Hayward
    22M for Brown
    And then Tatum max extension coming up next year.

Seems reasonable to think Hayward or Brown are available

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's actually perfect on paper, but that's assuming Wiseman will fit with how they want to play, i honestly don't know how he plays, his strenghts etc so i don't know, maybe they don't see that good of a fit? Or maybe they'd rather have a guarantee to get a guy now over taking the risk to play without a center for at least another season. Afterall they could still trade down or trade Capela afterall they draft Wiseman.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

if we’re trading for anything on the Hawks, I’d rather have John Collins

the main good thing I can say about Hunter is that I think his defense is above average for a rookie...I’ve seen him play pretty nice 1 on 1 and help D at times...everything else is a major work in progress

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Shooting jumpers/3's is not the primary responsibility for the 5 spot on this team.

Where have you been?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

you forgot something. Boston doesn't have Tilman as their owner

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree, trade needs both Collins and Hunter to work. But doubt Hawks give up 2 young players.

But Clint is more valuable than both combined right now.

snowconeman22 and ROXTXIA like this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Next coach"? Wait---are they going to let MDA go, do you think?

@ch44, @Codman, @cyberx, ya'll hearing anything about this?

Do I have to say this is a joke for the irony-impaired?

12. JW86

JW86 Member

Pull the trigger, Capela is maxed out.

Crashlanded19 and jcmoon like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hayward can opt out of his contract this summer, i wouldn't expect him to do so, but i also wonder if they could agree on a new deal worth a bit less per season, like around 25M instead of around 33M, that would still help Ainge a lot. Pretty sure he tried to do the same with Horford but got screwed by Phila.

Regardless, the fact that they want/ed Capela, means they are/were ready to give up something in terms of salary, which means either Smart (12M) or Hayward since Brown can't be traded during this season (unless he resign earlier then i think).

I also wonder if there's a chance Boston works on a trade with OKC around Adams for Hayward, that would be pretty much an easy one for one trade, although i can see why Ainge would prefer Capela, probably fit better with their dynamic team, already locked on long contract and on good amount of money...Adams will expire in a year and might ask more, might leave...

D-rock and 13BeardsIN1 like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Man i just don't see how Atlanta trades Collins in the first place, to think they'd move him for Capela (and i like Clint)...that's not happening, my guess is that the Hawks would probably offer Brooklyn 1st, Reddish and maybe another average piece like Bembry or Fernando, but Collins...i just cannot see that, let alone Collins and Hunter.

malakas likes this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They don't really have to part with a foundation piece .... They have Parson's $25m expiring to move around salary - getting a 3rd team involved to satisfy the Rockets wants for Capela wouldn't be terribly difficult either.

Call up Orlando and see if they'll take on Parsons expiring contract and ship Gordon to Houston , of course they get draft picks in exchange.

Then Morey's looking for a 5 .... I'm calling up the Nets about Jarrett Allen , that guy's a natural fit with Harden , young and cheap.

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would do it. Capela .. love him, but he plays lazy. Theres too much of that on this team. We need youth and hustle.

17. JackLordsHair66

Yup, which is mildly concerning based on the quality of losses we’ve had and our realistic outlook for the season, knowing the other awful moves Tillman has made (or not made) I wouldn’t be shocked, just sayin’

18. Fantasma Negro

I've watched two games this season, both games displayed the offensive limitations of Capela and Chandler. In situations Len could clear out the lane giving Harden and Westbrook more room to operate and if Harden or Westbrook or Gordon drive and kick Len can knock down the three. The offense need more ball movement and spacing, adding another shooter helps with that. On the defensive end you would have John Collins at the four spot, he's averaging 10 rebounds a game this season. Is that good enough?

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Capela doesn’t play lazy. That guy hustles his butt off. He’s just limited in skill. It’s ok to be frustrated about that, but don’t lie(to yourself) and call the man lazy.

Rocks92 and D-rock like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Len can't shoot. nobody would care if he shot the ball from the 3, in fact they'd invite it and be willing to give him that

Rocks92 likes this.