1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Durant has an Achilles injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jun 10, 2019.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nope. Durant is their adopted child, Curry their biological.

csnerd84 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I told all my friends this is what would happen if they brought him back this year. The Warriors should have lost to us after he went down. Now this will do more long term damage than anything else, to all parties involved, Houston KD and even the warriors. I feel bad for KD but I hate that franchise even more. It’s getting to near Jazz levels now where they’ll be sucking 20yrs from now and I’ll still be Samuel L Jackson-like yelling “AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HAIL”.

4. riko

riko Member

It was obviously a small tear in the series against us and he just compounded the injury by returning early. This is on the warriors and given Durants age he will be never the same.

Morey needs to promise Durant he will give him all the time he needs and somehow get him here on the cheap.

5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's not that he's ultra competitive, it's that he's ultra impressionable. Cutthroat, yo.

6. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

You can't blame GSW....

Durant could have easily wanted to play

Down 1-3, if he loses he is playing injured excuse, if he brings them back his legacy gets a big bump..

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Take the player option KD! Take the 30 mil and sit on that bench for a year ala Kawhi!

smp, Richie_Rich, rocks123 and 4 others like this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The reason people are saying that is because he wasn’t even cleared to practice and reports of his teammates getting frustrated with him were surfacing. You don’t go from not even being cleared to practice to no minute restrictions etc. this was the team being selfish

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding, and then walk away from the assholes and sign with the Rocks. Why not? Harden's a good friend and Morey will take a chance on him, in my opinion. That's getting way ahead of ourselves, though. I just hope he can recover. If he's 90% (and that's very uncertain) of what he was before Oakland, in an incredibly reckless decision, let him back on the court, he would still be a heck of a player and one hell of a shooter.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I doubt he opts in. Knicks will offer the max for max years. Which means Warriors must do it too if they want to keep him.

He will take his time returning, do some heavy load management until after the All Star break, but ultimately be ready for next season's playoffs.

The problem with him joining the Knicks is he needs a Steph Curry level talent and a couple of All Stars to win a title. That's just not on the market. Knicks would have to secure AD and Durant as well as 2 of their young guys making leaps. It's possible, but a tall order.

11. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

For what... he’s damaged goods. Achilles is an awful injury. Rockets are still a top 2 or 3 team. If we can add some size and a good front court player that can finish and hit threes, we will be contenders.

12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Creating a narrative before the real truth comes out so they don’t look bad.

13. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Damn so his achillies is probably ruptured? Team cleared him to early and now he ripped his tendon. Damn.

He probably resigns with Warriors?

14. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Let's not feel sorry for Warriors though. All the **** draymond talks, his antics, everything, I still hate them. Raptors please win 1 game.

lw17 likes this.
  15. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Looks like he really did sacrifice his legacy for 2 easy peasy rings. It's weird but it kinda feels like basketball karma has a hand in this.

studogg, J.R., lw17 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Dubs signed KD, trashed the whole league, and have now potentially damaged him for the remainder of his career.

If they can't have him, no one can. The league will be robbed of one of its biggest stars. Talk about a sh*** organization, everything they do hurts the league at the macro level.

clutchdabear and Richie_Rich like this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I think a team is still gonna max him out.

18. HROZ

HROZ Member

Don't think he gets a max unless it's from GSW.

Maybe in a year he gets a max.
    But Knicks aren't surely breaking the back for a guy who'll be 32 and returning from an achilles injury.
    But maybe he opts in and gets the money for next year.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

SF

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

don’t feel sorry for the Warriors at all...I feel sorry for KD who was about to leave that deplorable franchise and is now ****ed

smp and rocks123 like this.