1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SEVENTH black church burned since the Charleston shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mc mark, Jun 30, 2015.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

At least three of the incidents have been determined to be the result of arson.

From the Southern Poverty Law Center

String of Nighttime Fires Hit Predominately Black Churches in Four Southern States

In what may not be a coincidence, a string of nighttime fires have damaged or destroyed at least six predominately black churches in four southern states in the past week.

Arsonists started at least three of the fires, while other causes are being examined in the other fires, investigators say.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

tragic. Probably started by gay revelers after the SCOTUS allowed them to marry

[​IMG]

3. mc mark

texxx is your butt sore?

Did you have a nice weekend?

4. Nook

Nook Member

The Southern Poverty Law Center has traditionally done a great job and Morris is a great job... But "may" have been arson and "may" have been a hate crime with the only substantive quotes are that there is no evidence of a hate crime? A history of prior theft and breaking and entering?

The fires are and should be investigated but at this point there is nothing to connect the fires, nothing indicating a hate crime and many of them might not be arson related.

If it IS proven to be a series of premeditated hate crimes, then it is a huge story but let's not put the cart before the horse.

5. mc mark

agreed,

I just started a thread and made no accusations.

6. bigtexxx

No, but the gentleman in the picture above likely has butt soreness.

1 person likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So you are an "equal opportunity" bigot. Thanks for clearing that up.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Unfortunately probably need to wait for the claims assessments.

9. bigtexxx

No -- not sure where you got that idea from. It's been my observation that homosexuals don't care for Christian churches.

and you must not have much of a sense of humor if you don't think the gaylord in the pic above has but soreness...

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Gotta love that phony, disingenuous MLK sig.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You would be wrong. I personally know "homosexuals" who are regular church goers. There are "homosexuals" across this country getting married in churches because of this ruling. Why you would assume that they would not be Christians is a mystery to me, or would be if I could take anything you say seriously. Christ never said a word against homosexuality. Not that I'm aware of. He had a message of love, one you obviously have no interest in, with all due respect.

12. bigtexxx

The only love you have is that you love to put words in my mouth. You like to tell me what I believe. You're wrong, yet again.

See my sig.

13. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

You're trying to hard texxxx, give it another whirl in the morning.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I think BigTexxx married to a sassy black woman like Monique would be sitcom gold... But yeah, he would be holding the hoses in Selma.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Don't mind bigotexx, he's in pain from all the Republican beat downs recently. He's lashing out like I predicted.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Your own words speak louder than anything I could say, hypocrite. Your signature? I consider that a "joke" on your part.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Love how you blame homosexuals for crimes instead of your buddy bigots.

18. bigtexxx

LOL at the "tolerant" liberals in this thread doing nothing but name-calling and hurling insults. Not an effective debate strategy, gents. It only exposes your insecurity.

19. mc mark

In the week after nine people were shot dead at Emanuel AME Church in South Carolina, five churches with predominantly black congregations in five Southern states burned. Three of the fires were being investigated as arson.

The FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are working with local authorities to find those who set them.

“They’re being investigated to determine who is responsible and what motives are behind them,” FBI spokesman Paul Bresson told BuzzFeed News. “I’m not sure there is any reason to link them together at this point.”

The church fires come days after police say Dylann Roof, 21, shot and killed nine people during a prayer service on June 17 at Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, including the church’s pastor. Roof has been charged with nine counts of homicide and possession of a firearm.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-week-with-arson-suspected-in-at-least-three/

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think my friend you are the one who is insecure. Angry at having to be willfully ignorant. Your religion warns you of acting with so much pride and haughtiness - your own Christian god tell you not to behave the way you are.

Most of the people you mock - blacks, gays, Muslims, are actually more Christian that you are. You're a disgrace to the god you worship as you would rather embrace your ignorant views and take your anger at your life and the world out on others by rubbing their faces in your crotch for a cheap thrill.