1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun & Jabari will not only be perennial All Stars, but...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They're all about winning. Some guys just put up numbers, without impacting the game like them. Leaders on offense and defense...bodes extremely well. Their games really compliment each other. And, the "little things"...They do them.

Just an embarrassment of riches....coach/culture, young studs, W's, assets....Days of grace, my friends...

Merry Christmas!

#1 Plowman, Dec 24, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
  2. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

Jabari and Alpi are heaven sent for each other...it seems like they compete with each other to be the best player...

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

all thanks to dylan brook's leadership

4. Dredd

Dredd Member

If someone woke up from a coma and came to Cf, they would be like “dam, why’s everyone drooling over a 13 point a game player.”

@Jontro

Jontro likes this.
  5. cumutk

cumutk Member

They will complement each other and will become great duo,but Sengun and Jabari can not compete with each other, Sengun will be this league's no 1 big after Jokic and no other big will be near to hım...
    Sengun: Batman, Jabari:Robin will be the best way to explain their sitauation..

6. invocux

invocux Member

I remember Jabari saying that he was surprised some ppl were chilling after losses last season. Him and Sengun take that **** very seriously. For Jalen it's i dunno sth like a journey. Let's see where it goes i'm here to have fun and make memories. He's OK with not winning if he's having fun and vibes are there. I hate it because i was him in the college. I wasn't really ambitious either but you have to be life is not going to make adjustments for you. You will hit a wall and that wall for Jalen is Ime. Jalen is the cicada and Ime is the winter.

#6 invocux, Dec 24, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
    cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good thing DD did not start this......but who knows

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

I think I need to rephrase it...they are not competing for the same position...they are competing for the "franchise" position...it is like I can do better thing...the best thing is that they do it within the team construction...maybe I am not using the right terminology...hey, English is my second language...go try to figure what I am saying...it is not a negative statement!

cumutk and cml750 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alex Sarr might be coming....those guys just come out of the factory.....

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Sengun, Jabari and Jalen Green... That's our star core....

conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. cumutk

cumutk Member

Jabari and Sengun, yes
    Green? Question mark, at least for now. He has to prove he fits jabari and Alpi..

cml750 likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well I believe it to be true....have said as much.....love Sengun - he is an all star this year, and Bari at 20 is already showing break out signs.

Honestly, we need to get rid of Jalen he is holding this team back.

DD

Jontro, Hakeemtheking and Plowman like this.
  13. cumutk

cumutk Member

Appreciate it and respect to your comments.
    English is also my second language,lf l am mistaken, so sorry..
    All we want is Rockets' success.
    Both Jabari and Sengun bring us optimism...
    So excited for the future ...

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Nah, Jalen Green is really good... Just struggling under new system..

Old School74 likes this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

like…

Jabari: “You’re the franchise player, Al-P”
    Sengun: “No, you are, Bari”

noppeper, Plowman, clos4life and 5 others like this.
  16. Gergin

Gergin Member

Never understood why so many people were skeptical about a Alpi-Bari duo. Spurs and Thunder fans are salivating at the idea of pairing Alpi with wemby/Chet. Bari and Alpi compliment each other perfectly.

cml750, Y2JT, plegus and 4 others like this.
  17. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

"I'm not a system player, I am the system" - James Harden
    Kinda wish we have Harden now with the squad we have. Never thought we'll be this competitive...could've had Harden with Jalen Green coming off the bench

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Rockets are trying to build a contender not a 2nd round playoff exit, Udoka has transformed this team and he did not want Harden for a reason.... I trust Udoka... Green will get it together with this squad....

19. albuster

albuster Member

Bari's recent great play seems to come from having a much better understanding of his role that has led to more confidence and consequently, success on both sides of the court. There are some complaints that there are no plays designed for him but that is precisely why he is getting his groove. He has shown that he is smart enough to take advantage of the current scheme of swarming Alp that provides him with opportunities to get to his spots to do damage. He has proven to be a very smart young stud.

cml750 and maypk like this.
  20. albuster

albuster Member

Bari is showing that, hopefully, Jalen will finally learn how to take advantage of opportunities to make an impact and use his immense skills correctly. It might take more time for Jalen to learn the game but he is lucky that Ime doesn't seem to be giving up on him and giving him time. I agree though that for the sake of winning his minutes need to be reduced and given to others who are playing much better and have more impact for the time being.

cml750 likes this.