1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Semaglutide is the microcosm for the failed American insurance system

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have lost 10 lbs this year just using MyFitnessPal religiously. I gained 20 lbs over the pandemic and I still feel like, and look like, a fatty. I am still 40 lbs above my ideal weight (190lbs) which I haven’t had since college. I eat for dopamine, unfortunately, and I need every hit of dopamine I can get.

I value sleep more than leisure and I end up working 12-13 hours a day most days, and when I add in a half-hour commute each way, I have about 2-3 hours of personal time in the evening. I can’t just shirk my family during the evenings, so I end up being family man before it’s bed time and I am repeating the cycle. It’s a grind with golden handcuffs.

My family has a bunch of body builders in it, and I am the only one who has this tall skinny fat body type. I should’ve hit the iron instead of the books in high school and college.

AroundTheWorld and Invisible Fan like this.
  2. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

TLDR: Studies have shown that taking weight loss drugs like Ozempic resulted in a loss of muscle tissue being between 25-35%. To help offset this, you should prioritize protein in your diet and do strength training.

AroundTheWorld likes this.