1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seeding Breakdown (BestCase for Houston)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

As of now, we are about 75% will play the Blazers in the first round, and 20% to play the Clips.

and 5% of miracle (actually its too high), that we could be playing the Mavs.

Its highly unlikely we will end up as the 3rd seed.

5th being the most likely and 6th being likely and 2nd being miracle.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

So the floppers & whiners from LA or a rematch of last year.

...and 9:30pm tip-offs. Awesome!

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It would be the second most Rockets thing ever, behind JVG forcing us to win our last game of the season thus losing out on the Brandon Roy sweepstakes.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Clippers don't have to lose. But Spurs and Grizzlies both have to lose for us to have a chance to win the division.

5. SpGish20

SpGish20 Member

UGGHHH :mad: 9:30 tip offs and being tired and mad the next day

2 people like this.
  6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Can't wait to see this happen, although I believe even the Jazz will be resting some players with injuries.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That's really just a Houston sports thing in general. Gary Kubiak was the king of winning meaningless games at the end of a season. We've got a monopoly on coaches that leave you scratching your head when it comes to doing the "smart" thing.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Or think it from the "bright side", if we lose to the Hornets tonight, we can rest everyone next game cause it doesn't matter anyway.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Hey, those are 2 extra hours the Rockets haven't been eliminated yet! ;)

1 person likes this.
  10. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

GTFO....

11. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

Or hungover and happy :grin:

12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

With Westbrook playing tonight i see both the Pelicans and Thunder winning. With the Grizzlies injuries i see the Warriors winning 2.

Pelicans gonna have to win vs the Spurs and they have matched up really well this year against them and are finally healthy and they will be at home.

Rockets need to win their games and idgaf what anyone says the #2 seed is still up for grabs

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I will be so disappointed if we play Portland. Watching us get smacked around by Golden State in Round 2 as our best case scenario would be depressing.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I don't see GSW will deploy the hack tactic as much as the Spurs as this will also slow down their game and pace also.

If you believe Harden will be the most important players for the Rox to succeed in this offseason, GSW is a much preferred matchup than the Spurs.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Convictedstupid

**** I totally forgot about the 9:30 tips. Dammit.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Because they won't have to.

I don't really see how people prefer Golden State to San Antonio other than reputation. In terms of strictly match ups, which is primarily what the playoffs are about, San Antonio is far preferable. At the very least, we have a significant athletic advantage that should help swing games.

Not saying that we would be favored against the Spurs or anything. I'd still expect to lose against them, but just seems like we have more advantages against them than we do against Golden State, however few that may be. I'm sure many disagree with me there, but just how I feel.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Well, that actually could be a good thing for some people.

GSW will be the top seed and have home court the first round.

Same goes the Clips, which likely will be the 3rd seed, so they both will be slot for the TNT/ESPN late game in their first 2 games.

If the Rox will be the fifth seed, that means when we are playing in Portland, our game will be the only choice for late west coast game on TV as both GSW and Clips will be on the road to play central time zone cities.

We will be for sure on TNT/ESPN rather than NBATV.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Just base on team playing style and strength, I will agree the Rox is much suited to play the Spurs than GSW.

However, the Spurs know about this also, and they will try everything and every angle to attack us and although I am not a Mchale basher, I do agree that we are having a big disadvantage on coaching against them.

Either they will use Parker to attack Terry everytime, or just hack us nonstop, it will definitely affect our own game plan, which is not a good thing for Mchale to react.

I will rather have a matchup at least Mchale can have a chance to play the plan he prepared than he need to react to.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. . . i don't care where we are seeded
    The only difference in seeding is where Harden ends up on the MVP voting
    If we 2nd of 3rd seed he has a shot . . .less than that none what so ever

That don't mean much to me

Rocket River