1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seeding Breakdown (BestCase for Houston)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Apr 10, 2015.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I agree, but the #2 is an unlikely outcome. After the BtB blunder vs SA, having the chance for home court in any playoff round is a Godsend.

2. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Clippers, Rockets & Grizzlies are likely to win. If they do, then I think it would play out like this:

Spurs win: Rockets vs Blazers, we have HCA
    Spurs lose: Rockets vs Mavs, we have HCA

If the Rockets lose, Clippers & Grizzlies win:

Spurs win: Rockets vs Clippers
    Spurs lose: Rockets vs Clippers

Seems like the best we can hope for (I know there's other scenarios, I figure these are the most likely ones, and I included the Rockets losing just to list more possibilities), in order from best to worst is:

1. Rockets win, Spurs lose - we face the Mavs, have HCA in 1st & 2nd round, and get the 18th pick
    2. Rockets win & Spurs win - we face the Blazers, have HCA in 1st, and get the 14th pick
    3. Rockets lose, Spurs lose - we face the Clippers and get the 14th pick
    4. Rockets lose, Spurs win- we face the Clippers and get the 18th pick

I think this is how it plays out....

#222 pugsly8422, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The rockets can not lose this game at home, if they do lose it, then someone should quit his job to go home for a babysitting job.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Grizzlies are not that sure. They play the Pacers who are still fighting for a playoffs spot.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ugh...I want SAS to be the 5 seed so bad.

6. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Pacers on a 5 game win streak.

But they do play Washington tonight. Washington may not care tonight.

Brooklyn (37-44) now trails the Indiana Pacers (37-43) by a half-game for the eighth and final playoff spot in the East. The Pacers face the Washington Wizards, now locked into the No. 5 seed, on Tuesday night. Indiana, which loses the tiebreaker to Brooklyn, finishes against the Memphis Grizzles on Wednesday.

The Boston Celtics clinched a playoff spot, and are all but guaranteed the No. 7 seed, which means the Nets are likely playing for eighth and a matchup with the Atlanta Hawks, who swept them during the regular season.

7. Mprice

Mprice Member

Same here them and GSW for a second round matchup would be perfect.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think Brooklyn has the tiebreaker. So if that's the case, the Pacers have to win tonight and tomorrow, cuz I don't see the Nets losing to the Magic at home unless they really don't care about making the playoffs.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I honestly would rather that happen than us get the 2 seed. Many, MANY, would disagree with me, but the sheer opportunity to avoid GS or SAS until the WCF is our best shot at getting there.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Unlikely? Yes. But not by much. New Orleans is going to leave everything they have on the court in front of their home fans tomorrow. San Antonio will not have an easy task ahead of them.

11. rockets018

rockets018 Member

When is playoff schedule announced. Such as when is game 1 time and schedule going to be officially released.

I plan on flying to Dallas, H-town or Portland (or stay in LA) for a playoff game and was curious when the schedules would come out.

Thanks in advance!

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I wanna say Thursday afternoon. I'm guessing Game 1 will be Sunday night with an 8:40 tipoff if the Rockets secure home court. Especially if the opponent is Portland. Isn't that when they played last season?

I'd prefer Saturday night since I have tickets to Game 1, but I don't think we'll be that fortunate. I'll just have to go to work exhausted Monday morning(and hopefully in a good mood).

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

QUESTION

Not sure where to ask...

When will playoff game day and times be known? I'm trying to make weekend plans.

14. rockets018

rockets018 Member

If it's Saturday, I may be on a plane Friday after work!

I am hoping we get HCA against Portland... It would cheaper (tickets and flight) to catch a game in Portland.

15. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Hay Mitch

We are on the same page. haha

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

They most likely will want the big name players for Sunday. Lebron Harden Curry. Rockets will have homecourt against Portland if that's who we face.

17. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Agreed. Also, good chance Grizzlies decide to rest some of their starters, including Gasol, to get everyone healthy before the playoff begins.

18. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Pacers will be on a b2b after playing tonight, they are not going to win.

19. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Have you guys checked out Blazersedge lately? Man do those guys hate the Rockets LOL.

20. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Someone please answer!