1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seeding Breakdown (BestCase for Houston)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

If this is accurate, thank you. I haven't had time to go through all of the scenarios with graduation, grading and coaching. I hope you're correct, homie. :)

We can't be afraid of any damn team. We're going to have to play the best to win it all anyway.

I have a feeling that Dwight is about to break loose, and Josh seems to have taken the San Antonio loss personally, which is good for him. He needs to know how crucial freethrows will be in the playoffs, especially if we play a douchelord like Pops and Steve Kerr. Yes, I said it. Nobody likes him, from where I live, and we all know that he's only known for being a recipient of a great pass from MJ and hitting a wide open jumper. Other than that, Steve who?

If you analyze the Warriors' coaching staff, you can figure out who designs everything. In coaching circles, it's obvious who runs the show.

In his defense, though, our offensive and defensive schemes have the backing of our coaching staff. McHale is just the face.

As much as I despise him and see through his immense flaws in decision-making, including recognizing mismatches, the ability to anticipate other teams' changes and knowing who to put on the court together, Kevin is NOT a jerk.

He is, by far, one of the most liked guys around the league. Kevin Garnett hates most people, but he adores McHale. That tells me something, even if KG is a jerk on the court.

Anyway, as I wrote, I can't wait for us to play a tough opponent. That's how we'll grow and become a better team.

Bring on the Blazers. I want redemption. We're smarter, now. We owe ourselves a couple of wins there. Jeremy Lin still owes us 2 apologies for 2 games.

James and Dwight aren't going down without a fight. Josh is getting better, and I personally guarantee that JASON TERRY is going to roll the clock back and be incredibly dangerous. He's been rested appropriately all year. He looks ready to burn it up one last time. We all know how much of a KILLER he is in the playoffs. I don't want to even watch tape of him killing us with Dirk and Finley.

Love ya'll, my fellow Rockets fans. Let's get that first round out of the way, one game at a time.

-Cod

1 person likes this.
  2. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Let me ask you something. Honest question here. Did you ever believe Tracy McGrady would get over the "hump" during his years in Houston?

The point of my question is (again honest question), what do you see in Harden that necessarily distincts him from McGrady as far as the "it" factor?

I feel that McGrady was a special and extremely talented/gifted player. I also feel that way with Harden. I'd like to believe that he's the "real deal"....Kobe-esque.

Just curious as to how you and fans on here truly perceive our current franchise player.

3. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Again, great points. But couldn't the same be said from other teams perspectives regarding our very own Harden/Howard?

I mean there is NO reason why Harden/Howard can't have a ring by now. They have the health and are still in their primes (Howard is close I believe). No defensive scheme can't shut down Harden/Howard for a series if they are utilized correctly.

This is where McHale comes in and he HAS to make it happen. He's got a great staff to assist him in his area right? So what's the deal?

4. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I honestly feel good about any match up in which we have home court. Memphis and LA are beatable but having a decisive game 7 at home is probably key in either match up.

5. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Cod,

Great post brother and thanks for that! Jason Terry is a proven beast and I love that he is on the Rockets squad now. The guy just lives for big games. he'll clunk bricks in the regular season here and there....but Playoffs, something about it that gets players like Terry to "show up".

The Spurs are great no doubt. BUT, I STILL can't believe we dropped our last 2 games against the Spurs. And over what?.....free throws...unbelievable. I blame Josh Smith SOLELY for that first loss and some of the 2nd loss as well. MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS! That is the worst way to lose, other than a last .9 second desperation 3 pointer in the first round.

Rockets should have taken both those games against SA. Only good thing is those were in the regular season. Howard, Jones and Smith will not become Steve Nash at freethrows in the playoffs, but I don't expect them to lose us games because of it. They are just going to have to make them against all odds on the big stage.

6. Play07

Play07 Member

wouldn't be a codman post without him mentioning J.LIN :grin:

nothing about harden owing us a series because of what happened last year (and plays for the rockets now) and hes having a MVP series so we know he is capable of stepping up more with bev/dmao out ?? The hate is real...

other than that great motivational post going into playoffs codman

7. Fantasma Negro

The only match up that scares me right now is golden state, thankfully if we win the division we wouldn't see them until the wcf. Anyone else as presently constituted with video game James and playoff Dwight I'm not scared of any other team not even the spurs. The spurs were so terrified of Harden they went Hack-a-shaq on Josh, they fear us. We need to beat the jazz and take this division and give whoever we seed with a beating of lifetime

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This Rockets team isn't a finished product. The way it is constructed and with the injuries I just don't think it will go too far. And thus, I am not concerned about the 2nd round opponent IF the Rockets make it that far. (Spurs or Warriors)

Give me the 5th spot and homecourt versus the Blazers. Get some redemption there. Win a 1st round series and make progress.

PLUS, (with SA beating N.O. to force the 5th seed) the Rockets get the 14th pick in the draft (versus 18th).

Progress forward NOW and progress forward this summer.

BOTH.

9. the shark

the shark Member

Am I missing something here. If we're the 5th seed WE DO NOT have home court advantage!!

10. JHL85

JHL85 Member

We do have HCA because we would have better win-loss percentage than Blazers. Although division winners are guaranteed top 4 seeds, they don't get HCA against better win-loss percentage teams.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Portland.
    Portland.
    Portland.

After last playoffs it has to be Portland in the first round. Seeing that replay over and over on commercials of Lillard's game winner, how can anyone want to play another team except Portland.

12. sabesque

sabesque Member

Portland is 4th seed because of division champ, but record trumps that in terms of home court advantage

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Every time I see the Lillard shot:

[​IMG]

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't really care about the matchup. Maybe I am not scared of any team. Maybe I am scared for the Rockets against any team. Either way, I just don't want to play west coast teams simply because of the late schedule.

15. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Solid post. I agree completely. This team needs to win a playoff series. The West is a buzzsaw and I think anything could happen once the teams are set. Let's get some redemption on Portland!

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

I'm sure that's how the squad feels. LETS GO.

I'm so ready for the playoffs. I feel like Corey Brewer when he sees there's a fast break opportunity. I'm fully committed.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Because playing Portland would mean NOT having home court in the second round which is far more important than a little revenge. I want the #2 seed, Dallas in the first round, and home court in the second round. I don't give a **** about revenge. Getting out of the first round is all the revenge I need for last year, regardless of the opponent.

1 person likes this.
  18. the shark

the shark Member

WOW!!

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

You're going to have to win 1 or 2 games on the road to win a series. In the 1st round it may take only 1 win on the road. However, in the 2nd round, it will definitely take 2 wins on the road to win a series.

So the seeding only matters if the Rockets show up on the road against the better teams, which based on the record doesn't look good beyond the 1st round.

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

Alright let me rephrase my original post. I don't care what round we face Portland but I want to face Portland this year in the playoffs.