1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sean "Slot Machine" Colson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shandon Anversen, Jul 27, 2001.

Tags:
  1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

LMAO, you refuse to address specific points, and head off to tangents unknown. You said that there are many guys like Colson, but clearly that is untrue.

How didn't I address that point? Did you not read my last post? Teams have never had trouble getting a PG of Colson's ability from the CBA. Somebody gets hurt and a team would sign David Rivers. Another guy gets hurt, you go get Elmer Bennett or Emanuel Davis or Randy Livingston. Maybe you even get lucky and pick up Moochie Norris. Whenever an NBA team has needed a interim PG, they could always go to the CBA and get a guy of Colson's caliber (41% FG%, 4.6 turnovers a game).

Colson was second in scoring and third in assists last year. He can score against NBA competition, and he showed me good athleticism last year

Where did he show that he could score against NBA competiion? Was it his career high 6 pt game? Was it the 31% that he shot from the floor? Was it the single 3 pointer that he hit? Give me something to back up your statement.

Mobley is on record as saying Colson has great potential. This sentence is to see if you even read my posts, because you ignore comments of mine and ask questions that I already addressed.

What does that prove? At best, all that means is that Mobley thinks that Colson could develop in the future. At worst, it means that he didn't have anything else positive to mention about him, except for potential.

The reason that I keep coming back to the same (original) question is because you haven't provided anything to back up your point. Where did he prove that he could score against NBA competion?
    You've said he can score against NBA competion, yet he did nothing offensively last year. Not real credible evidence there. Now you're going to say that he showed good athleticism? That's the best thing that you can say is that he has good athleticism? You could at least use theCat's approach and claim that he's "a great fit chemistry wise".

Perhaps we should agree to disagree, because I think if I said the sky is blue, you would contradict me

Depends. Did you actually look and see that the sky is blue or did you just hear Rudy say that in an interview?

------------------

[This message has been edited by aelliott (edited July 29, 2001).]