1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SBNation] 2016 - 2017 Houston Rockets Preview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ParaSolid, Oct 14, 2016.

1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Paul Flannery and Tom Ziller write about what they expect from this season.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/10...review-2016-james-harden-mike-dantoni-refresh

2. jae713

jae713 Member

I kind off agree with what they are saying but I think this team's ceiling is more than 50 games. I'm not saying they will win more than 50 game, but I wouldn't be surprise if they did. This team will be alot of "boom" or "bust".

3. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

barring injury, there's no chance the offense is bust. defense is the only wild card

D-rock likes this.
  4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What the hell does that even mean? I think he means less than zero chance because if he truly means non-zero then that could literally mean anything between .00001& 100%.

By the way, I've said all along since the acquisitions of Gordon & Anderson that if healthy this team is easily a top 4 team in the West that will challenge for a top 2 seed.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  5. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I know it is tough to be an expert on 30 different teams (and by tough I mean impossible), so I'm not looking to hate too much on Ziller and Flannery, but this article reads like they just read like 5 to 10 other preseason articles about the Rockets and mushed all the information together.

"Defense will struggle...check. Dwight is still a capable rim protector...check. Capela is an exciting young player...check. D'Antoni and Harden bad reputations...check. Did we miss anything Tom? No...cool." *send*

DreamShook likes this.