1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sarcastic Suggestion] Name change to LinFans.LIN

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by LCAhmed, Mar 8, 2013.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Recent poll thread in the GARM asking about leader of the team came out about 80% vote for Lin. 18% Harden, and like 1% Parsons/Asik. WTF is going on here?! Might as well change the site's name to LinFans.LIN so all the LOFs can be 100% happy and only talk about Lin. :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad::rolleyes::mad:

2 people like this.
  2. jae713

jae713 Member

I don't understand it either. Damn LOF. :mad:

1 person likes this.
  3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its not a far cry to think of Jeremy as a co-leader with James.
    James would be THE leader if he were more vocal. I see Lin communicating with his teammates, telling them what to do, etc. more than I see Harden doing it.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i thought the yao fans were cool, of course yao was truly a star. i love yao ming. these guys are making it hard to root for lin, seriously, i don't have comcast, i get most info from here. so i depend on this site right now and having the background noise is making it hard to be a fan of his

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Yeah I can see that. Also its not like I hate Lin, I, like many on here, want to like Lin and see him succeed. But when you have people who are on his dick 24/7, it gets tough to stay unbiased.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't have a problem with Jeremy Lin fans who think Lin is the leader of this team, they think a lot of things, and if they are wrong they will get debunked.

What annoys me most is the proposed claim of "LOH", and how the blame is always on "LOH" whenever a thread gets out of hand.

It's just void of logic to assume a lot of people would join this site just to hate on Lin. Sure, they exist, just like any other regular troll, but they are not even near as loud (or loud at all) as the LOFs.

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Any poll in the Garm is completely useless.

11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

um........who cares?

as long as the team is winning, right?

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This board is a big reason I'm still connected with the rockets. I've lived in Austin for the last 22 years and this is spurs country.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Don't worry, the (re-)acquisition of Brooks has made Lin expandable this summer.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused: Why are you all so upset about this?!?!?!

He's popular, so let him be and let the fans be happy about him. WTF. It's not hurting anything at all, man. SRSLY speaking.

15. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

You have over 30,000 posts, but most of those posts aren't in the GARM. You really don't talk much basketball. You drop into the GARM occasionally to make one of your little jokes, or to say something about Royce White, but that's about it. If you go into the GARM and try to have a real discussion about basketball, then you will understand why people are upset.

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

stop dicussing with the newbies?

honestly, i don't even read the posts by '12ers and '13ers

even if they quote me, i rarely respond

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Clutch went on the radio to talk about the rockets and you didn't see the entire thread devolve into bs like "He didn't compliment Lin!" ???

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I've seen some really good 12ers and 13ers. Its not fair to drown them out because of the rest.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't really mind the Lin fans. When they say ridiculous things, I just ignore them. It's not like other fans (including myself) don't say ridiculous things.

What is bothersome is the Lin War. The bickering back and forth. In every thread. You can't even say anything about Lin, positive or negative because the War will come whenever that three-letter word is mentioned. It is so difficult to do any meaningful discussion.

I thought McHale's coaching decisions is a worthy topic for discussion. But no, it's about Lin of course.

20. jbasket

jbasket Member

..... pre-June '12ers are ok, I swear! :(