1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Samurai Cinema] Carl Rinsch & Keanu Reeves' ‘47 Ronin’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Point Break is one of my guilty pleasures. I love that flick! Directed by Kathryn Bigelow, and besides "our hero," you've got Patrick Swayze, Gary Busey, and Lori Petty, who is smokin' in this thing. The surfing scenes are beautifully shot, and alone make the film worth seeing, IMHO.

2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

For a guy that gets a bad rap acting wise, he really has been in a lot of good to great movies. Don't forget Speed, easily one of the best action movies out there.

I can't help but shake this feeling that, while it looks good, it could be an utter disaster. Hope it's not.

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Really like the trailer for this. The wife is also on board.

I like Keanu. I agree with everyone that mentioned the guilty pleasure aspect of his films. I enjoy them all. But no matter how dynamic his characters/acting are/is...no matter how big the blockbusters are...I will never ever be able to get that one Point Break line out of my head on how monotone and seemingly one-dimensional Keanu's acting is...

"I AM AN F. *huge dramatic pause* B. "huge dramatic pause* I. AGENT"

Don't care if the general consensus is a rotten tomato...I enjoyed the trailer and will almost certainly enjoy this movie.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah that trailer makes it very compelling. Will watch.

Basically Keanu Reeves is the one, again.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

There was that devil movie where some goblins chased Ed Rooney in a park and Charlize Theron killed herself because she missed Florida.

6. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I'll watch because: Keanu, historical Japanese setting, Samurai battles, CG, etc.

But folks, please don't let this film replace the truth of the 47 Ronin. And that would be my only beef with the movie, the title.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Also, first thing that came to mind was one of my favorite short-lived childhood cartoons:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Agreed. I read up on this on Wikipedia (assuming that synopsis is correct)...and was fascinated. In this day and age and where I live, it is hard to fathom such ritualistic avenging and knowing your death is the only result...just to restore your master's honor. Pretty neat cultural stuff.

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Trailer 3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MwskOK_M4b8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Best trailer so far. Don't screw up the story.

11. supdudes

supdudes Member

This film needs Tom Cruise and the dude from Inception.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I loved this show, particularly Anubis.

[​IMG]

13. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

The Last Ronin??

14. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Erm, The Devil's Advocate?

OT: I've been a fan of Keanu since Johnny Mnemonic so I'll definitely watch this.