1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Sam Amick) Harden slimmed down, fired up for upcoming season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Aug 19, 2017.

1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Rather than partying with strippers he finally lifting them. :eek:

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you clearly said "we don't need stars"

then you started enumerating stars who are the highest scorers of their teams.. so they are appealing to you becuase they are not they are solid defenders but they are great offensively which makes them clearly stars

that's what Morey is trying to get. STARS

Harden, CP3, Butler, Hayward, Milsap are a multi star team made of 5 stars

not 2 stars with a bunch of versatile role-players

just like GSW has 4 stars

#142 vlaurelio, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

In basketball, yes you need offense more than defense. Basketball is not like football/baseball/hockey where you can shut the opponent out. Teams are going to score points no matter how good your defense is.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean his beard? Yeah, maybe he should shave off and lighten up even more.

5. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Of course, but I said it in the context of this team. This team needs players who can rebound and defend while not being offensive liabilities.

6. jevjnd

I suppose that we're just confusing wording here then. They are very good, but not one of them is the type of player who can carry a team the way that Harden did this past season. Draymond Green and Klay Thompson aren't players who could carry any winning team either. What's more, Golden State was together for years before they became this type of a winning team. Curry, Thompson and the rest of their cast weren't ever considered untouchable type players back then. It wasn't till the roster was filled out and Curry's jump shot became ridiculous that they started winning the way they win now.

7. vlaurelio

you are the one who is obviously confused.. you used the word "star".. but you clearly don't think gordon hayward, giannis, butler, klay, and green aren't stars..

well you don't believe gordon hayward, giannis, butler ware stars last year or this year?

why do you think GS is called a superteam? how may stars do you think they have last year and this year? everyone would say 4.. curry, kd, green, klay

if we had gordon hayward, giannis, green, klay, or butler on our team then we would have a big 3.. 3 stars.. because gordon hayward is a star.

again gordon hayward, giannis, butler, klay, and green ARE NOT JUST VERSATILE ROLE PLAYERS

8. jevjnd

You don't seem to be able to differentiate what I'm saying here, so I'll reiterate. James Harden, Lebron James, Durant and players of this ilk are what I'm referring to when I say stars. Do you get that now? Guys who carry teams to records they'd never sniff without them. Butler, Thompson, Hayward, and those other players can't do that. They're better than average role players, but they're obtainable in many circumstances as opposed to other players, like Harden, who almost never attainable. I think that you can figure it out with this wording.

9. vlaurelio

you dumb or something?

Harden, Lebron James, Durant they are not simply stars, they are super stars!

gordon hayward, giannis, butler, klay, and green aren't simply versatile role players.. they are stars!

so to say we don't need another star around Harden and CP3 to beat GSW is stupid

that's the whole point of trying to get Melo. because he is still a star at best.

10. jevjnd

You know what? I don't even want to argue with anyone here. I think that everyone here is decent and it's my fault for not differentiating between stars and super/mega stars. At the core of this issue, we both agree. It's just that I expressed a different standard concerning how a star can be defined.

11. vlaurelio

the star vs super/mega star isn't that big of a deal for me

but when you say that klay, green, hayward, giannis, and butler are merely verstile role players and not stars then you need to be educated

star = one of the best players on a team, will cost at least a star or 1st round pick if traded for, paid the MAX

so to say hayward, giannis, butler are not even stars is moronic and stupid

GSW is a superteam because they have at least 2 superstars and 2 stars
    CAVS beat GSW last year because they have 2 superstars and 1 star

right now we have 2 superstars or 1 superstar and 1 star (depends if CP3 is considered as a superstar or star)
    but that's not remotely enough to even keep up with GSW. we need another star whether its melo (realistic) or hayward, giannis, butler (unrealistic). another versatile role player won't do

#151 vlaurelio, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  12. jevjnd

As it stands now, Lebron James, Paul George, DeMarcus Cousins, and LeMarcus Aldridge are all likely to be moving teams next year. It's up to Morey which of those players he believes he should pursue. There are players that will be out there to be had.

13. vlaurelio

yeah and it gonna be difficult because they're all supertars or stars and they will command max $$$ and teams will be competing for them.. none of them are merely versatile role players..

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, he tries.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Wow... just wow

Reeko likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol, did he just say that guys like Butler and Hayward are just better than average role players? Some of the stuff that I see on here at times...

YOLO likes this.
  17. jevjnd

What I said is that they're attainable and not superstars. Are you going to state otherwise?