1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacha Baron Cohen's "Who Is America?"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by donkeypunch, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Oh My . . . .

Rocket River

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

next level for sbc now can only be far-leaning liberal hollywood actors and republican rock stars.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Yes sometimes it's their sincere beliefs, but often SBC is just taking advantage of people's natural agreeableness and politeness to cast them in the worst light.

It works better when he makes himself look foolish with his feigned ignorance (Ali G, Borat, etc).

Uprising and Svpernaut like this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I honestly didn’t think SBC could be funny anymore...this might be his best work, wow.

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Couldn't agree more, and this is the part missing from this show in my opinion. Part of the charm of his previous work was the fact that he was part of the joke himself, which makes this feel a bit more contrived and forced.

Uprising likes this.
  6. theimpossibles1

Couldn't DISagree more. The fact that he removes his ego and instead uses his genius to make fun of the state of society and the outliers in it is next level sh*t.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

At least he is rolling out new characters. Insane to call this guy a genius but it's better than trying to squeeze more money out of Bruno or something. The show will have a Samantha Bee level success. A small time cable show is great success after the total financial disaster of brothers grimsby

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Watching the obvious conservatives in this thread trying to rationalize what they saw last night is the best part.

Rashmon, CometsWin, Indaface and 7 others like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

"People have a tendency to be polite and agree with others even if it's a crazy topicoooohhhh **** he's singing a song about little kids shooting people in the tummy....Obama killed Americans in illegal drone strikes eeeerr"

peleincubus and B-Bob like this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

no one actually thinks these people support arming preschoolers, right? So what is SBC trying to prove?

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Except they are. The Second amendment doesn't put an age limit on guns. If you don't agree with that you are a liberal.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

He's proving they are morons and that they got so played they are all out saying they were "duped".

"duped" implies they thought it was all legit and not a prank.

13. theimpossibles1

Umm... Did you watch the show?

They very clearly and explicitly state that they support arming preschoolers (in Israel at least.)

14. theimpossibles1

Love how he puppet-masters the hardcore right idiots:

1. Bit that makes Bernie seem silly and confused. They're on board.

2. NPR guy bit. Right over their heads.

3. Brings em back in with fecal humor.

4. WHAM! GUN CONTROL! They aren't sure what they just saw, but it makes them feel uncomfortable.

Rashmon and peleincubus like this.
  15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

was this an audience reaction you were watching?

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Well duh. But you gotta at least think about arming 5th graders. The best way to take out a bad 5th grader with a gun, is a good 5th grader with a gun.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[IGNORABLE POST]
    I think the gun lobbyist was pretty sincere about training very young children in gun usage. If nothing else, SBC proves that a lot of these politicians are happy to meet with any pro-gun, pro-Israel person, especially if offered an award.

The getting people to read ridiculous things from a teleprompter was lame, IMO. That doesn't prove much.

As for his Israeli character, I thought he was pretty darned funny and yes, making fun of himself as with Ali G. The character said some unbelievably stupid things and basically sacrificed his own child to his absurd beliefs.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

19. Buck Turgidson

The "5 & 6 year-olds haven't developed their sense of right and wrong, so they'd make good soldiers" moment was a serious WTF?

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If you really sit down and think about it. The arming of children, teleprompter or not is....

But on a non psychotic, I heart guns level. The lady taking her pubic hairs out on camera for a paint brush is plain jaw dropping. Seriously my jaw was dropped for the entire last half of the episode.