1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ryan Bernardoni] Kings could be setting up to take Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 18, 2018.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

Kings can trade Capela in December if ...

scary!

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We match instantly and thank them for preventing Capela from playing on the qualifying offer

Smacktle, Nook, clutchdabear and 2 others like this.
  3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

100M... that's the number Clutch threw out that Ryno's contract will cost next year when layered atop our other spending...
    It's not a question of IF he can afford... but rather should he piss away 100M...
    I hope the guy running the organization has better sense than that... and I believe he does...

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Have to trade Anderson to the East. We don't need to set up another Western Conference powerhouse in Sacramento.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

The 100m estimate is over two years, and that was calculated with Ariza assumed at 10m, Capela at the 25m max that he obviously won't be getting, and Luc re-signed with the MLE. I don't know the exact number, but the lux tax hit based on Ryno for THIS year (which is the relevant thing to consider since I'm advocating trading him during his expiring year), is not that much anymore. I don't know the exactly number though. Can a capologist help? @BimaThug @aelliott ?

jayfree and Rockets FTW like this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I could be wrong... but I was pretty sure the Clutch article was for 1 year... and a re-signed Clint OR full utilization of the MLE already puts us into luxury tax land...

edit: the 100M is 1 year... 20M salary + 80 in taxes
    http://rockets.clutchfans.net/11189/ryan-anderson-cost-rockets-100-million/

#86 kjayp, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  7. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

#NewMath

:cool:

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Take BOTH!

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

That hypothetical was based on factors that have not played out (Capela getting the max, Ariza getting $10M, Luc getting the Taxpayer MLE), so that $101M figure is no longer accurate. That also assumes that you are counting Ryno's salary as the LAST dollars of team salary (which is not exactly fair to him). We won't have a remote clue of what the "new number" is until the Capela deal is finalized.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dont forget acquiring WCS in same deal. That's the trifecta.

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Who don't suck either. What's your point?

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Moving past the Anderson hurdle and signing Melo on the cheap would be a pretty big win for this offseason, in my opinion.

I hope there's some truth to this.

jayfree and kjayp like this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If they want Capela so bad, get WCS from them instead, plus whatever it takes to match salaries.

basketballholic likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This guy sounds like a dumb beat writer, or some amateur from Sacramento. Who is he anyway?

Wow, he is from Connecticut.

15. basketballholic

Part 1

Everyone should realize that the going rate to swallow both years of Ryan Anderson is at least two first round picks.

The Nuggets just moved $21 million of expiring contracts to the Nets for a first and a second. But the Nets had to fork out a second and Jeremy Lin's $9 million expiring to be able to take on Denver's money. That's a net first round pick for $21 million expiring contracts.

Anderson is two years at double the money. And nobody else can swallow his deal. So realistically it'll cost at least two picks and May cost an additional second as well.

So the question behind where does Sacramento get the picks from? And that's part of the rub with the Thunder dealing Melo. Melo is $27 million expiring. Dealing him into cap since with no salary coming back not only saves OKC the cap and taxes this season but also the $9 million cap hit the next two seasons and it gives then back a huge $27 million TPE for future trade flexibility. That's worth AT LEAST one first rounder, and really is worth at least a second rounder added to the first rounder and really should also include pick swap rights on another first rounder.

The Thunder rightfully don't want to pay up. Don't blame them for that. But they don't have much options left......do they?

Part 2 (later)

#95 basketballholic, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My biggest question is who would we have to take back if we did ship Anderson there. Ideally it wouldn't just be more dead weight (albeit smaller weight).

17. H-town Swag

H-town Swag Member

Sacramento is nowhere near a powerhouse in the west. And adding Anderson wont make them much better.

18. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

>>>>>>>joke
    (•o•)

H-town Swag likes this.
  19. raining threes

In a heartbeat.

Opens up cap room next offseason

I'm certainly no cap expert, I will leave that up to Morey, he's pretty good at those kinds of things.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Why should I root for HIS money though? And if he didn't want heat he shouldn't make public comments pretending like spend is not an issue.