1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Missed layup. trade him.

2. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

I cheered loud for him tonight

DonKnock likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

How long we gonna ignore this man's dpoy level defense on lebron the other night?

DonKnock, Dankstronaut and BigShasta like this.
  4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I've been highly impressed with Ryan's defense this season. What he lacks in rebounding he makes up when he spaces the floor. Additionally when the Rockets run the high pick and roll against a larger 4, teama switch which allows Harden the ability to break down a defense.

He's definitely worth the 19 millions

5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

OP and some other haters are just another example of ignorant fans overreacting to a player's few bad games.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That charge he took was spectacular. Even Lebron didn't argue lol

There was another play, I think he was manned up on Irving? I'm pretty sure Irving even scored a difficult layup but he played it as well as you could hope, stuck to him, contested shot and the guy just made it. I was impressed.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

still highly overpaid.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

who cares if hes overpaid or not. that's all relative to what people think. There are tons of players in this league today grossly overpaid and not doing anything for there respective teams. Ryno made a decision to come here and Harden wanted him here. He's doing what hes supposed to be doing and is the best shooter on this team.

Pen15clubber and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and he got us his buddy Gordon on cheap

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, and the contract will do nothing but get more ridiculous the longer it goes on. At least we'll have Wiltjer to fill in for him when he gets hurt in future seasons to provide exactly what Anderson adds to the court.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah the Dmo only fans will always be butt hurt bc Ryno is flourishing in the spot they hoped Dmo would.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Can someone explain to me why everyone cares how much Ryno is getting paid?

He's getting about a few hundred thousand to a million more this year than players like Loul, Deng, Allan Crabbe, Tobias Harris, Enes Kanter, Joakim Noah, Bizmack, Evan Turner, Wesley Matthews.

Why do you guys hate him so much? How much should he be paid for some of you to like him? Is he stopping the Rockets from doing anything this year or in the future?

DonKnock, seeingred and YOLO like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

DM has some of these guys trying to play GM and having to get "value" about everything :rolleyes:

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

And Morey would be the first person to tell those jokers that sometimes you have to overpay for a commodity you want. I bet you if we were to ask Les Alexander, he'd tell us he has ZERO issues sending Ryan Anderson his paycheck every 2 weeks.

DreamShook likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty funny how people try to criticize it so much as if they were the ones signing the checks. my how Morey has spoiled rockets fans throughout the years and his value decisions

DreamShook likes this.
  16. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I disagree, his contract will actually make more and more sense as time goes on. The average contract in the NBA is exponentially becoming more valuable. You'll see that soon enough, starting players on good teams, will be making Ryno money, probably more.

It's all relative folks. I think Ryno is overpaid when compared to 2012 contracts, but relative to 2017 contracts, I think he's par for the course

seeingred likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I could understand if fans could point to Ryno screwing the Rockets from signing a player because of the money owed or his play was terrible on the court. None of these things have happened. He got the Rockets EGO and some of his best games have been against the top teams in the NBA.

He's not even getting paid like a star player, he's getting paid like a super role player.

DonKnock, larsv8, YOLO and 2 others like this.
  18. rockpileindisma

Bbhollic confirmed

DonKnock and No Chill Rocket like this.
  19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

for real. star players in todays nba make like 28 million a year

DonKnock likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're talking to a disappointed Dmo only fan that believed he would get an upward double digit yearly salary easily.