1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Treated for Cancer on Pancreas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BruceAndre, Aug 23, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This is the post I didn't read. I notice that it is just long-winded poo flinging. And you say dang. I found that a bit funny.

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't read it, but when I read it, you were mean and the language was odd?

Rileydog likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Pancreatic cancer is horrible. Bless her and her family.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Indeed. And those who get it aren't usually around a year later. I had an friend/acquaintance get this; she was younger than me, late 40s at the time. She survived about a year, maybe a year and a half.

And 86 years is longer than most people live, whatever ailment they might have (or not have).

Frankly, even if she did not have a serious illness, there would/could be a question of lucidity.

Here's a question: would you want a president, of whatever party, that was 86 years old?

6. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of my best friends has pancreatic cancer. His father, my former boss, died from pancreatic cancer in 2002. Pancreatic cancer has very low odds for survival.

I hope RBG beats the odds.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Totally agree w' you on normal pancreatic cancer. By the time it shows symptoms, it is usually very advanced and usually fatal. Completely aside from politics, here's my guess on this case.

Since she's had several bouts of cancer elsewhere, she probably gets frequent scans looking for spots. They may have found such a spot on her pancreas recently and just removed it way before it was showing symptoms. That's just a guess, but if she wasn't showing an symptoms of it yet, her prognosis may be better than most of those other cases.

8. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a pretty good read

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/26/her...ruth-bader-ginsburgs-latest-cancer-scare.html

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

On her worst day, she is more lucid than our mistake-in-chief.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's not forget that She already beat Pancreatic cancer before. I think it was back in 2009 or 2010. They caught it early that time before showed symptoms. So she's beaten Pan-can once before already.

cml750 likes this.
  11. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Isn't there something about this at the top of the subforum? I thought that's what we were supposed to do. :rolleyes::D

dachuda86 likes this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Damn fine point.

BruceAndre likes this.
  13. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Yup, I didn’t come up with the poop flinging language. I shamelessly stole from Clutch

dachuda86 likes this.