1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Treated for Cancer on Pancreas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BruceAndre, Aug 23, 2019.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not me.....

dachuda86 and BruceAndre like this.
  2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

If the lefties didn't get offended so easily, this wouldn't be half as fun as it is. :D

If you didn't notice, there's a whole industry built around "I'm offended" these days. Someone has to take it on. :cool:

Dark Rhino, mick fry and dachuda86 like this.
  3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Your confusion is thinking that people are offended. Not so. We just have a problem with you being such a dick. There's a difference.

joshuaao, B-Bob and havoc1 like this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah the lack of grounding some people have is astonishing. You don't have to do anything to set off a handful of d and d regulars here. Just post a fact and they go wild.

BruceAndre and mick fry like this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The irony is killing me... lol

BruceAndre and mick fry like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'll say that neither of you two has ever made me angry.

Amused, yes.

Disappointed, yes.

But Angry? Nah.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Dear Ruth,

Hope you last until 2021, we are counting on you!

8. Nook

Nook Member

A couple of points.

I don't care if posters on here would be happy if RBG died.... same goes for when Scalia died.

RBG is outspoken and holds controversial opinions. None of us know her personally so it isn't shocking that people are callous.

9. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I see certain people are back in this thread, but carefully avoiding responding to what I've posted, instead preferring to fling more poop.

Now I'm curious why people continue to respond to the poop flinging. Bruce Andre couldn't have made it more clear that this is simply trolling and baiting for entertainment. Dachuda is the same it seems.

So folks, why respond? There isn't a real discussion to be had.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The whole forum has become this way. Its split between no-so-witty trolling and irrational angry individuals. Its only a matter of time before Deckard or DaDakota going full beserker on a group of innocent right winged group.

BruceAndre and Silent_Bob like this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Why are you so concered about people responding to you? You have some ego to think you are worth the time and effort. People don't get responded to... it happens. I will explain why I don't reply to you. Your posts lack content and get off topic. Stay on topic first. That one you'd think is easy. Second, no one owes you a response.

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Actually, it's about 50%. About half of all people ever born are ... currently living. ;-)

B-Bob and Ottomaton like this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

nah deckard is cool... he keeps calm... Dadakota though well... I dunno his temperment.

14. Rileydog

I think you misunderstand, or my comment wasn't clear. I was just observing that there was more poop flinging than discussion, and certainly no response to what I posted. Not sure if you remember, but I actually appreciated you for responding to some other post of mine and said certainly you didn't need to. I actually try to be polite (I think my tone in my posts to you have been polite) and my ego is relatively manageable. A large part of my premise is that it's hard for Trump supporters/defenders to engage substantively, and so they fling poop and attack. Seems my premise struck a nerve with you (you seem to be upset with me).

Bruce Andre is pretty open about him flinging poop for sport; if that entertains him, well, I guess that's what the internet is for.

But I think you're right, I think I am off topic. Someone posted about RBG's illness to trigger the other side, and poop flinging ensued. I screwed up by trying to interject thought and observations about poop flinging.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

A very good article in preparation for what happens when Ruth Ginsburg retires from the Supreme Court:

Get Ready For Apocalypse Ruth

Progressives’ ghoulish glee over the death of an old man turned into barely constrained panic when, later that day, it was revealed that their heroine Ruth Bader Ginsberg was just treated for pancreatic cancer yet again. Their disgraceful joy at David Koch’s passing was yet another reminder of the harsh truth that leftists want you dead or enslaved. Koch’s sin was that he disagreed with liberals (though, in important ways, also with conservatives). For that, these cretins danced around like idiots celebrating his succumbing. And they’ll celebrate when you die too. Always believe people who tell you they hate you and want you dead.

Oh, and never disarm.

...{More at the link, with the conclusion below}

My money is on him appointing Amy Coney Barrett, who has the unique ability to be a Scalia-like justice and to own the libs by being a woman. And not just any woman but a female woman who has kids and goes to church and is down with originalism like a boss. It’s going to be hard to paint her as the ringleader of a teen rape gang, and while her beer-appreciation status is yet unknown, it is unlikely she will have to explain to the dummies on the Judiciary Committee her high school clique’s unique flatulence euphemisms.

But they will still try to destroy her. That’s their only move, one not unrelated to the giddy cheer that greeted David Koch’s death. All we conservatives did with whoever Merrick Garland was was tell him “No.” But if you are conservative and you oppose them, they will try to wipe you out, if not literally then at least figuratively. But that’s a desperation tactic and it does not work, not if you hold strong and refuse to back down. Clarence Thomas fought back and won. Brett Kavanaugh fought back and won. And Amy Coney Barrett will fight back and she will win.

And that means our Constitution will win.

Loins, commence girding.​

#75 MojoMan, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Dark Rhino likes this.
  16. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yes, there is. How is the make up of the SCOTUS not important?

It is possible to make important points and have fun at the same time. :D

Besides, perhaps my post had a certain "ghoulish" quality, but what if I was merely hoping/suggesting that she retire? And that would be an entirely appropriate move on her part.

Course, she won't do that while the God Emperor is in office.

17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

You forgot the witty and intelligent and profound trolling. :D

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

U.S. Justice Ginsburg makes first appearance since latest cancer scare

Ginsburg, who received several rounds of exuberant applause from the audience, gave a short speech then spent about 30 minutes answering questions about her career posed by the dean of the university’s law school, Aviva Abramovsky.

“It was beyond my wildest imagination that I would one day become the Notorious RBG. I am now 86 years old and yet people of all ages want to take their picture with me. Amazing,” she said.

[​IMG]

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...4dae&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

19. Rileydog

Ghoulish and fun indeed! The scholars here are about to discuss whether she should step down and broader SCOTUS issues. I can’t wait!

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Greetings, fellow scholar.

Seeing as I'm not the Trump complaint department, not sure if I can help you. I honestly don't know what post you refer to about me not replying because I don't check every thread so carefully these days. A lot more to life than Clutchfans. Good to remember that.

You really seem to have it all figured out anyway, don't you? Such a strong grasp of posters here after just showing up. Why, I am not sure why you even need my reply you are so bright and observant.

#80 dachuda86, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019