1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russian Nuclear Bribery investigation reveals millions routed to the Clintons

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 17, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Do not support the wall. It's stupid and waste of money.

Do not support his immigration policy. But do support enforcing immigration laws. I did not have an issue with his extreme vetting (travel ban) from high risk countries. It was never racist (largest Islamic countries were not included) as the media and left freaks made it out to be.

Do not support his approach and attempts at reversing Obamacare. Obamacare AND replacing it is a complete joke. I would like Obama care gone along with all other programs. Replace it with one universal plan or none at all. As it is, I think there are 6 major welfare programs which is a facking joke. 1 program or none. No of this band-aid bullshit with 4-6 different programs depending on your age, where you live, if you were a vet, income, etc... It's all a giant cluster. And before you say it's impossible to replace 10 programs with 1, take them ALL away and let's see how fast lawmakers can create one.

Do support withdrawal from the Iran deal. I generally dislike bilateral deals that can't be enforced or are unequal. I prefer unilateral deals if and only if they have realized benefit for the US. I also hate world police politics. Let Iran do whatever the fack they want.

I don't support Trump directly, I support his potential to destroy the status quo.

All that said, I was a Bernie guy until the corrupt DNC decided he would never happen. After he was ousted I wanted Trump. To everyone else they are very different but in my eyes they are the same. Both had/have the potential to shock the system which is what I really want. Giant smack in the face so that the country can wake up. The entire country has been acting like a spoiled, entitled, brats, he did it first, childish mentality. Needs a firm b**** slap to wake up and get some common sense back.

Staunch Republicans and Democrats are the same side of a tarnished coin. I feel that the country overall is moderate but the freaks on both sides have hijacked it away from us middle folks. I and many others are tired of the selfish outsiders on both sides.

A_3PO and Space Ghost like this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you realize that people from those countries already went through a 2-year vetting process considered to be the most stringent in the world PRIOR to Trump? And what he has done is not to increase vetting, but reduce the number of visas which is affecting commerce. For instance, we can't find a 3-d animator to fill a role, we found someone in Europe, but his Visa was declined. I should mention he was from one of those 7 countries. He wasn't extremely vetted, he was just declined.

Trump can withdraw at any time. No one can stop him, yet he does not do it. Also, he did withdrawal from the Paris climate agreement even though the US was only in it symbolically and it had no bearing on policy.

What exactly does that mean from a policy standpoint?

The DNC was not why Bernie lost. He lost because he was weak amongst African Americans. I liked Bernie and voted for him, but the whole DNC controlled that - there isn't any evidence. Only emails discussing it - which doesn't mean actual action was taken.

You realize that the people you rail against like rockets judoka are in fact moderates right? As am I. I used to vote for Republicans when they weren't so radicalized - loved Arlen Specter for instance. But we are being pushed to the left by what's happening. Ask people like Sam Fisher and Deckard or Comets Win - they know I am not a leftist.

At some point you have to ask yourself - are you really in the middle if you attack people in the middle as radical?

zksb09 and Deckard like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You wanted Trump because he will give a giant smack in the face of the country yet you accuse everyone else of being childish. How childish is it that since things aren't exactly as you want it then you want to see things destroyed. This and your other posts just read as rants rather than a well thought out approach. You seem more caught up in nihlism than any real vision of how this country should be.

Even accepting that yes Trump is shaking up things how is that b**** slap to the country going? Is it any closer to the creative destruction of both parties that you're hoping for? If anything it looks to me as though Trump is hardening partisan divisions rather than destroying them.

Also if you supported Sanders and then Trump because you wanted things to moderate neither of those candidates were moderates. Most Sanders supporters consider the term "moderate" to be a perjorative.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. ipaman

Every conclusion in your reply is way off from why own posts. You're not able to read or comprehend my posts which is whatever. Time to move on.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Or you just are getting exposed and you have no defense as your cover is blown. You were never a sanders supporter and never a moderate. You've been living a lie on here and now that the spotlight is on it, you want to run away rather than confess.

6. ipaman

I'm trying to be polite but enough is enough. I explain my position and opinions in plain English but just like a large part of this country you and others don't listen. I clearly said I was a Bernie guy, and rj says I wanted Trump. You all repeatedly misinterpret, misconstrue, or flat out ignore because you all are not capable of understanding that other people have their point of view and opinions. You are not capable of understanding that other people can disagree with you. You all are out of touch and arrogant but off course will just say we are. Open your eyes, open your ears, open your minds, the signs are all around you if you would just pay attention. Like I said, the freaks on both sides have facked it up and some moderates have decided to join the freaks because of how they view the other side. Can't fool me.

And I love how you accuse me of running away when I replied in a few minutes. Honestly it's like arguing with children. OHHH, I WAS EXPOSED!!! COVER BLOWN!!

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You just said you were supporting Trump so he could break up the status quo. I think you are contradicting yourself or just making a lot of careless statements and not owning up to it.

You go on these rants but can't formulate a substantive response that articulates your position. And when confronted you just go on throw a temper tantrum as far as I can see here.

8. TheresTheDagger

You're sarcasm is duly noted. You're right. Lets shut down the Mueller investigation shall we?

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Why not get the party in control to do it?

WITCH HUNT

10. ipaman

Nope, I said Bernie BUT... when he was conspired against Trump was the next best option to achieve what I think is more important. You see, I don't get caught up in policies because whether it's Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, etc... very few things changed. Once if office their platforms were ignored and they did what they did. Outside of supreme court appointments there were no drastic changes. So Bernie and then later Trump were my hope to screw up that system of exact same change. But I'm wasting my time because you think I'm a Trump guy, you think I lie, etc.. regardless of what I say so why bother. Good day.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry couldn't resist.

Look I don't care if you were a Bernie guy and I take you at your word you were for Sanders and that you then wanted Trump because he would shake things up. Frankly though what bothers me is that you consider your angry cynicism as somehow principle and somehow a vision for the country. Going around shouting "OPEN YOUR EYES! OPEN YOUR EARS OPEN YOUR MIND!" as though everyone else is blind except for you might make you feel superior but again isn't really doing much else. Many of us realize there are problems and we probably agree with you on what many of those problems are. I get calling people blind. I do it myself everynow and then. That doesn't move the country forward. Neither is just voting for someone just so they can b****slap the system. Again that is really nothing more than nihlism.

Even accepting that as a policy prescription how is that working under Trump? Is the country any closer to what your vision of it should be?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

You willing to foot the bill if this is another Benghazi smear campaign? GOP ain't batting too good on these things

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You said you were supporting Trump now, not me. You say it doesn't matter because they are all the same, and I find that ridiculous. Sure they do similar things because its the responsible thing to do at times, and because their hands are tied as well.

But they are not the same. Obama had far different policies than Bush with very different visions for the future of the country. Trump has no vision for the country.