1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rudy rudy rudy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 25, 2019.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

We can find so many examples of people ruined, downgraded, humiliated, or jailed b/c of their work for or allegiance to Trump. Dozens. Can we find any examples of a person actually elevated and made better through their association with Trump? I guess his sons would be even more insignificant nobodies without him. (?) And I guess you could say certain House GOP members would have zero career without their allegiance to him, but they haven't spent much time with him. It seems like when people spend time with him, they literally sign over a part of their future reputation to be damned. And for what? Just realizing their beta fantasies come true, I guess.

MadMax, Sajan, Andre0087 and 4 others like this.
  2. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Excellent Post B-Bob, yet they keep doing it even after they see what could happen. This is why I would never EVER hold another person in such a high regard that I would ruin my life for them, especially a friggin politician. I did that once, I worshiped Dan Marino, collected EVERYTHING and then he goes and cheats on his wife and has a baby outside the marriage and I was devastated that my hero would do that.............a bad analogy I know, but you get the point.

3. adoo

adoo Member

i'll take a stab

• the American Nazi w Jewish heretage, Stephen Miller, who has become the de Facto head of the Trump campaign
    • the former aide to Nunez, Kaz Patel, who is a senior advisor the Trump campaign, in line to be the AG
    • John McAntee, former aid to then-Trump's COS, John Kelly. he has become a senior advisor to the Trump campaign

Amiga, JuanValdez and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

LOLOL.

LOL.

The amount of mental gymnastics it takes to justify what happened on jan 6 to what you said that in that paragraph. My brain would short circuit.

Andre0087, ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yes, in another bad comparison: I once worshipped Sonic Youth, just everything about them. Then I saw them play a gig at Fitzgeralds where Thurston was out of his mind on speed, noted a few skinheads in the audience, so just played punk rock covers to make them slam dance for 90 minutes. They played none of their own music, and what they played was on 10x normal speed. I was crushed and then followed their own advice to "Kill Yr Idols" at least figuratively.

So, yeah. Don't idolize, fellow humans. Nobody is worth that.

Sajan, ROCKSS, Amiga and 1 other person like this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Just to add another example: I once worshipped Jeremy Lin. Oh crap, never mind. JOF, don’t attack me.

Sajan, ROCKSS and B-Bob like this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The fat lady is still singing.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

ashli babbit was elevated up to heaven.

FrontRunner likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Not entirely sure that was the direction she was going...

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Amiga is a girl name.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You done goofed up now!!!

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw Sonic Youth at the Bridge Benefit by Neil Young where all the acts were supposed to play acoustic. They were having all sorts of technical issues as it appeared they might not have actually played acoustic before. Two songs in Kim Gordon just stopped and yelled “F^CK!” The crowd just started raining down boos, note this show was in the mid 90’s and most of the crowd looked like they were Neil Young fans from the 70’s.

They then played a New York Dolls song dedicated to Punk and Kim Gordon sang it off key, I’m pretty sure deliberately, and then she left the stage. I loved it

FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

14. NewRoxFan

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That is shocking. trumpybear always pays his bills.

FranchiseBlade and ROCKSS like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

habbas will be the next to find out

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

Why do people that willingly work for trump seem so surprised when they don't get paid?

B-Bob and ROCKSS like this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet Rudy still endorses that grifting con. Trump used him like he does all his stupid Brown Shirts. Rudy is an idiot.

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Rudy is at the end of his life, he aint gonna change gears now..............he`s just gonna rot away as a poor old man who lost it all betting on a sucker, he lost ALL resemblance of honor years ago, go away rudy, you're a has been

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan