1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roy named west player of week

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by thething, Mar 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. thething

thething Contributing Member

2. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

move to dish

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If he would have titled it "Roy beat out Scola for player of the week" then it'd easily fit here.

I really don't understand why people take so much joy in telling telling people they're in the wrong forum.

4. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I disagree...just rename it "Do you think Scola got snubbed for player of the week?" and work that angle.

5. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Jinx!

...nah, you win. ;)

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

They have a Player of the Week award? Haha...

8. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

The man is sick!

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'd rather have the actual productivity of Scola rather than some fancy award title.

10. thething

thething Contributing Member

It was about Scola so that is why I put it here. I may have named it wrong. Big deal.

Scola may have a shot at player of the month. I believe he had the 20-20 game this month and he has been beastly. Let's hope he keeps it up.

11. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

if he can keep it up, there is no dought to me that scola is player of the month.

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Scola should've got no doubt about that, but who cares he plays for the rockets right ?? :mad: :mad:

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I ugly with you.

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Well the reason why Roy got the player of the week instead of Scola is because nobody really notices anything about the Rockets. Even when Scola scored 44 points and I believe 12 or 13 rebounds, it really didn't make headline. Lebron James could have a good game with 25 points, 6 assist, and 5 rebounds and the NBA would considered that a better performance than Scola's 44 points and 13 rebounds.

It shows you the NBA today worries more about highlight reels than a blue collar performance. It sucks that the NBA today focused more on highlight reels. That's the reason why Houston don't really get any media attention because they don't make it to ESPN highlights. The Rockets are more of playing humbled, and hard-working hustle plays. That's why ESPN rather not have them on national tv.

Lets say Lebron is more of a finesse player that don't do crazy dunks but more layups instead. If so, he wouldn't even be considered to be as good as Jordan, Kobe, Magic or Bird. But because he is a walking highlight reel, they considered him one of the greatest to ever play basketball.

Look at Danny Granger, he is a great player that really don't play above the rim as much. Because of that, he don't get the recognition as some players do. Kevin Martin is a great scorer but he also don't get recognized because his shooting form is awkward and he too don't play much above the rim.

Back then, the NBA was about basketball. Today, the NBA is about business. If a player can jump out of the gym and is a pretty good player that play high above the rim (Amare, Dwight etc..) would get more of the NBA, and media's attention. That's the reason why David Stern is all about Lebron James. Lebron is a great NBA player but he isn't near Jordan's level. But because of all his highlight reels and spectacular dunks, the NBA and David Stern wants him to win lots of championships, MVPs and awards so they can say he's better than Jordan.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Neither of those guys can tie lebrons shoes. I guarantee if james was on the pacers or kings, their teams would have 1015 more wins than the teams with granger or martin. I like granger and martin, but james is on the quick path to the hall be he is a freak of nature with a high,high bbiq.

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Yeah I think it is ridiculous to say LeBron is only considered great because he is a highlight reel player.

LeBron is way way ahead of those guys based on basketball skill alone.

I agreed with you up until that point.

17. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

It's criminal since the guy not only scored 44, but he also did it on 80% shooting from the field which counts for a lot to me.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

So LeBron James is only great because he has highlight reels.

I wonder why Ricky Davis, Shannon Brown and Stromile Swift were never compared to Michael Jordan and the other greats.

Sometimes I wonder do some of you even watch basketball to say some of the stuff that you say.

19. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

do you even watch basketball because you forgot to put sombody on that list and guess who it is?nate robinson.

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

I didn't think I needed to put every single athletic player to prove my point.

Btw besides the dunk contest Nate Robinson does not have a lot of highlight reels in his career.