1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rookies won't appear in NBA 2K12 because of lockout

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by T FOR 3!!!, Sep 7, 2011.

1. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

They say they will be added in as soon as the Lockout is over, they already have their names and likenesses prepared to add....The challenges are cool and all, but when this game released the rosters will be the same as 2k11... As much as I love this game, I might wait to buy it til the season is back on.. If for some reason the season doesnt happen I'd feel like i waisted $60...

Are people still gonna be pre-ordering this game??

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-09-07/rookies-wont-appear-in-nba-2k12-because-of-lockout

2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I thought this could have gone in the Legends thread but I thought it deserved its own thread...

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Of course I will buy it on release, the updates seem huge. Post controls, way better My Player, Greatest,... Doesn't matter if there are no rookies for a bit, buyin the game for the improvements.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2kShare bro, 2kshare...

I've been playing with some awesome rookies on 2k 11 for a few weeks now...

5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Me too, but that's not legit... They arent rated right and they dont have their faces on the character or any info about them... I have them already on 2k11, so why would i create them on 2k12??

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

NBA 2K Developers aren't gods at creating "realistic ratings". Its all merely opinion. There is no saying that a 2K developer will predict ratings better than than your average Joe.

If you play on the PC, you can create or download a cyberface model that far outdoes whatever 2K can do. Considering that 2K uses low-quality textures to compensate for lower system specs on the consoles.

"It's not legit" is a moot point...

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Uhm... That's just how I see it.. If I'm going to play with every other player with ratings given to them by a certain standard and scale then having one player that youve created off of "what you think" feels like cheating.. Anytime I score more than 20pts or make a difficult shot I feel like theyre rated too high and sometime too low.. I trust 2k very much, i only usually change players dunk ratings (Scolas and Chucks are lower)..

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would disagree with the whole rating thing, because the rookie rating on 2K share is damn near perfect, imo. Either way, no one has any clue how good any of these rookies will be. It's all a guessing game, and there are some cyber-nerds that have made 2K share extremely accurate.

False, On the roster I have, the faces and the info are excellent and updated all the time. I am extremely impressed, and honestly, I'm not even ready for 2k12 yet...

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

they'll be on the disc, all it will be is a small patch to enable them that will happen within 48 hours of the lockout ending, if not sooner.

10. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Guess i'll wait until lockout is over then i'll pick it up.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That sucks but I usually start the game on "My Player" mode anyways.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fanatics over at Operation Sports re-rate all rosters every year to make the game play better and more realistic. If you've never played the game with their sliders and rosters... you've never played the game.

Sucker.

13. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I'll buy it, I just hope they improve the "My Player" on this version. Creating my player and playing the Legends stuff shoudl be enough to hold me over until you can downlaod the new rosters. On the Xbox they have the living rosters that update daily anyway. They'll eventually be on there.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I guess the players are not under contract yet and can't be included, but they will be ASAP...

DD

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't like their sliders and rosters. The coaching settings, tendencies and some ratings are way off. Always makin my own. Especially on 2k11 I seem to be the only one that realizes that the cpu plays tons of artificial fast breaks, leadpasses and in general tanks to the basket without setting up plays. CPU executes run&gun to the fullest yet the OS guys barely change coaching sliders and tendencies. If you have 360 try my sliders and rosters, name is "Ultimate Sim Roster 1.0" and "Ultimate Sim Sliders 1.0". Can also seach by gamertag "Master STS".

16. RedRedemption

Everyone has their own style of playing. You could suck and only score 60 points in 12 minute quarters. Most of the sliders at OS are for those who don't want to play 12 minute quarters and don't relatively suck.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea but I looked at some and the tendencies for coaches and teams are way off. CPU has way too many points in paint and rushes like Warriors on steroids. Also if you take look you sometimes see how cpu has block-rating at like 60 and user only 30 or some ish like that. Same with other crucial stats. By no means I'm mediocre, was top 200 in 2k8 and beat some of the best guys in the world, but if you lower user-ratings and simply make the cpu better by giving him better sldier-ratigns this is not what I consider realistic or competitive.

18. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Oh well. We'll eventually get them (maybe not even late), but I'm defintely going to pre-order a Larry Bird cover..

[​IMG]

19. RedRedemption

Who wants a Chase Budinger cover? ;)

1 person likes this.
  20. Htown's2kFinest

This sucks. It's gonna be a big let down for me cause I wanted to use all the rookies especially our rookies Morris and D-Mo. Could use D-Mo probably a lot online cause our center depth is lacking. You can aways find a use for a quick 7fter that can shoot. Also no player updates. :(

Hate the lockout.