1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets would be dumb to let Houston sports media/Blogs influence them into trading Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Feb 3, 2024.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

There has been a online narrative that Jalen's incompetent, low IQ or whatever stereotype idiots can think of. Recently a Houston Sports media guy posted a inappropriate picture of a 3 headed monster with one allegedly of Jalen looking stupid. Houston Chop Shop is also another podcast running with silly Jalen Green narratives

Bottom line, the kid is only 21 and was just going through alot emotionally. He's having his first child, at the same time adjusting to a new system & coach. Lately he looks alot more confident & more importantly playing free. I have confidence in Rafael Stone to make the right decision and KEEP Jalen. He's our best player & will eventually be a superstar in the same way Paul George is. Jalen Green is a franchise level player

cbass, eliefor3, HTownTmac1 and 24 others like this.
  2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Got to trade someone to get a star, Jalen is the most likely one, imho.

DD

tycoonchip, Tankeio, Jontro and 5 others like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If it takes Jalen plus whatever to bring back a player like Donovan Mitchell then it’s a no brainer. Jalen for a Mikal Bridges then it becomes a hamster wheel. Rockets brass are playing the game. Last week these insiders were told that the core players were not available. They just traded for a guy who won’t even play until next season. It’s safe to say their vision is going beyond being 1st round fodder this year. I like how Stone throws crumbs at the pigeons.

eliefor3, B-Bob, Believe It! and 4 others like this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Won’t give up on him. I think he still has superstar potential. But he’s not our best player or has the highest upside currently.

7. jb86

jb86 Member

Jalen is starting to play the right way which is aggressively attacking on offense. The best food is the slow cooked food. Let it cook. There are no real stars that can be had anyway.

A00man, Bo6, Richie_Rich and 11 others like this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Oh there's definitely idiots around. I don't think you classified the right people though.

Just lol at a 19 year old rookie already better than him, already with the same length of good games in a row that Jalen's had his entire career.

Idiots, you got that part right.

Guess you missed the game today where he reverted back to his usual self 14 points on 14 shots, the offense didn't come to a stand still just to look for him. And the team was phenomenal and everyone bar one or two (guess who one of those was) played amazing. And the younger players on the bench are already better fits in the team than him. Yikes.

9. MystikArkitect

Lol whut

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree on this. I envision a future back court of Jalen and Amen. Both players have length, they can get to the basket and they play defense.

All of the core 6 can play defense, except one. And now they have a center coming next yr, its going to be interesting what's their next move.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Houston is really good at hating their own players.

Hate Jalen.

Hated Harden.

Hated Tmac.

The list goes on and on.

The only person everyone universally loved is Altuve.

Jontro, RocketsTerps, justinh and 7 others like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets would be dumb to let a few fluke games fool them into keeping him around instead of improving their team.

14. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

the problem is alpi stock is the highest at the moment and is our biggest trade chip! Cashing in on him if someone gives us a godfather offer would be the smartest thing to do!

Jontro, 34to11 and rocketchamp like this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone wanting to trade Alp, is an absolute moron. Sorry not sorry

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah I’m not gonna let feelings get in the way of improving this team.

Jalen is playing well as of late and I don’t expect a decision to be made until next year’s all-star break anyway.

Unless Stone can get him in on a very team friendly extension I’d say it’s till to look for a star with him as an asset

Joe Rocket likes this.
  17. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

If they do it’ll be more proof this organization remains clueless..

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

There aren't any stars that would be much of an improvement if Jalen is starting to figure it out, no one is trading a super star for him so the best course is to keep him and let him cook night in night out...

AuburnRocket, glynch and rocketchamp like this.
  19. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

Unless you getting jokic back or a healthy Morant you don’t trade alpi

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i wouldn't go that far but i respect your opinnion. I would take a james harden/russ westbrook/ paul george type of package of picks and swaps.

as much as i like alpi, he's a tweener 4/5 who needs another 4/5 tweener who's defensive beast who can hit a 3 playing beside him. Those are just as hard to find. And for all alpi does on the offensive end, he gives points back on defense. i would just roll the dice and trade and then go run and gun with our horses. Alpi can't run the break and keep up!

rocketchamp likes this.