1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rockets warriors officiating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by astrosrule, Apr 6, 2005.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

i live near oakland and went to the game tonight with my cousin, a warriors fan, and the officiating was pitiful...even he agreed the warriors really only should have had about 100 points, did it look as bad watching on tv as it did live?

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Its okay, we are used to it

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

ya i know but only live games i go to are when they play the warriors and it was never close to this.....

4. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

The whole Warriors front court would have fouled out if the refs have called every one of their hacks on Yao.

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

that and anytime davis would drive id turn and go....freethrows

6. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

You know whats bad, Somtimes its worst at TC. Something has to be done.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

atleast half of davis's 150,00 fts came when a rocket thought about maybe touching him. even cory maggette thought baron went to the line too much.

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The calls that drew techs from Sura and TMac were really bad, and Yao was hacked like crazy (from what I could see from the upper deck) so basically business as usual. ;)

9. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

You can get on nba.com and send an email to Stern....

I keep asking myself - who did VanGundy p1$$ off?

10. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

They're just "letting the players play." Except they still call all those ticky-tack fouls on Yao (at least prior to last night, I wasn't able to see the game last night).

11. Man

Man Contributing Member

Nice to see nonRockets fan agree and notice and see that. Are we treated worse than other teams?

Sometimes I think it's decent and fair and yeah we foul too...but whatever Yao they don't lbow their darn whistle a lot for Yao. only for like absolutely conspicuous obvious fouls. :)

12. Glish21

Glish21 Member

we shot 19 free throws (made all of them) and they shot 41. so takethat as you will.

13. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

That's exactly what I'm saying. Every fan will complain about the officiating for his/her team. Overall, I think the NBA is fair most of the time (minus the occasional superstar call).

However, anytime one team shoots twice as many free throws as another, I absolutely HAVE to call the officiating into question. There's no way that can happen unless one team was shooting jump shots from outside 20 feet every single possession. I didn't watch the game, but I'm pretty sure both Yao and McGrady were aggressive in getting to the basket with the stats they had. Yet somehow, combined they attempted fewer free throws than Baron Davis by himself.

14. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

That one play where Bobby got fouled three separate times on one drive to the basket but no call.... and then they called it out of bounds off his foot, then called him for a tech because he accidentally bumped into someone on the sideline... damn.