1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to offer Harden another extension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 20, 2017.

1. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

that was in david sterns nba

name one darkskin mvp in adam silvers nba

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

First step into what should be an exciting summer. Even if we fail, we take for granted how fun and exciting it is for Houston Rockets summers. Morey and Les always stay aggressive and we always have something to chat about in Clutchfans b/c were rumored with every possible deal.
    I don't want to be a bummer anymore especially since the Warriors are so good and in their prime for the next 4 years that i have no expectations. I just want to enjoy and hope we come out of this as a legit threat and not some pretender who is simply happy to put playoff money into Les's wallet. But, even then, we take that for granted and we take it for granted that James Harden's legacy is on it's way to being historic at least individually and the Houston Rockets will always be what people think of when they think of him.

We could be the Nets, or the Suns, or the Magic, or the Hornets, or the Kings, etc. Right now as it is, the Sixers fans are probably super stoked at their potential lining up with Warriors getting old in 4 years, but adding the miserable tanking seasons plus the next 4 seasons of watching the young guys grow, who the **** wants to go through a decade of that?

3. RESINator

RESINator Member

James Harden grabbing this organization by the balls

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If Les allowed us to get really high draft picks and still made smart moves, no telling how good we could be.

Being satisfied with the Status Quo and always referring to Post Yao and Mac, isn't going to help the future.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Durant?

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If he improves like the last time we extended him, he will average a triple double+

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not really. Paul George has the Pacers by the balls.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

No sir, it's you who is the problem... people that tolerate the douchery among these spoiled stars and line up to take more... that's why the problem even exists...
    I'm not trying to be a dick or anything... but I've been a fan of this team since Moses Malone and this downward slope keeps progressing... we still call him Scottie Quitten... TMac is still chided for quitting one game... but hell, let's give Harden a raise and kiss his narcissistic ass some more... smh...

read the sig... its been there for a few years...

#108 kjayp, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    deshen likes this.
  9. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Ok, so what exactly do you think the Rockets should do? Dump Harden and start a full rebuild so you can get "really high draft picks"?

10. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

you've been a fan of this team since we signed yao, and then we signed lin.. be honest

and Harden is a much better player than tmac, harden plays through injuries, rarely misses games. plays with heart. Its not our turn to win a ring yet, the only thing real about the nba is who wins awards

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That or we just don't want to relive the nightmare that was games 5 and 6 of the Spurs series.

kjayp likes this.
  12. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

The funny thing is Harden outplayed kawhi in the spurs series, harden even scored 43 in that series

damn it if only harden was european

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If it weren't so sad, it would be funny that we used Harden to guard LMA since he was incapable of keeping up with Mills, Green, or Simmons.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Not even close... I grew up in Houston watching Moses, Lew Loyd, John Lucas, Mitchell Wiggins, etc....
    I watched us trade MVP Moses...
    I watched Phi Slamma Jama lose...
    I wtached us draft Akeem (before hakeem...)
    I watched the championships - still got the Houston Chronicle headlines on the wall...
    I watched the Stevie Franchise years - I hope he enjoyed that SB...
    and so on...

So shut yer freakin mouth on who is a LOF - cause you dont know crap!

deshen likes this.
  15. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Who exactly is spoiled here? You just experienced the best season from a Rocket since Olajuwon and you are upset at him getting some reward because of two poor performances in the playoffs. And in reality it's not even a reward, we'd be lucky if he chooses to sign with us beyond 2020.

16. hakeemthagreat

First off, he just got an extension last year. We've already shown our commitment to him. Nobody is saying not a elite talent. But the perception around the league is James Harden doesn't give 100% effort and folds in crucial playoff situations. This year he took it a step further by full fledge quitting. Harden's value is still high, but I'm sure he's not as valued as he should be given how he normally ends his season with horrible perfomances

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

How is Harden narcissistic?

Because he would accept a contract extenension?

Please recount for us all of the time that your boss has come to you at work and offered you a raise and you happily turned him down and told him you make plenty of money..:rolleyes:

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Who all on our roster is eligible for extension? How long would James contract extend to?

Would Paul George eligible for an extension even after being traded?

19. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

lol watch a harden documentary man. dude has had asthma since he was little and refuses to get treated for it

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston can add an additional four years to the back end of his current deal.

The additional four years would be worth $168 million, starting with a $37.5 million salary in 2019-20.

By July 2019, Harden will have reached 10 years of service and be eligible to sign a max contract for 35 percent of the salary cap – the same amount he would get if he were to sign an extension this summer.

Patrick Beverley, Trevor Ariza and Clint Capela and reserves Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell are eligible to sign extensions this summer.

Beverley is now eligible to sign a three-year, $31 million extension that would start in 2019-20.

Capela, entering the fourth year of his rookie extension, can be extended for a total of four years and up to 25 percent of the 2018-19 salary cap.

Richie_Rich, Vivi and ThatBoyNick like this.