1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to offer Harden another extension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 20, 2017.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Mumbles: So, what's the problem? You took care of him. That's what friends do for one another. Well done. And I won't tell the chaps.

Rocket River

ghettocheeze likes this.
  2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

He is a great finisher, but it's still more expected points if you're a 85% FT shooter.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

LOL, it's always good to get the other team in the penalty no matter of the style of play. Shooting FT's after getting fouled on a loose ball has nothing to do with shooting 3 pointers.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Not if you factor in when he attempts and fails to draw the foul and also misses the shot or turns the ball over. You're assuming he gets to the ft line every time. You can't make that assumption.

lw17 likes this.
  5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Him missing the shot is already factored in his FG% and thus the expected points. I doubt the turnovers is enough to off set the expected points and benefit of the team fouls. I'm going to stop responding to you because you always argue with semantics (always wrong) and drag the thread down.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

The Rockets have given way too much leverage to James. He doesnt deserve that extension and we'd be better off trading him now then letting him quit on us for the next 6 years. I dont like the message we're sending here

lw17 likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.... the Cavs won a title with home grown talent LeBron James and Kevin Love. Same with the Heat with home grown talents like James and Bosh, the Celtics with Ray Allen and Garnett also agree.

Second, free throws have no impact on field goal percentage. So, basically you don't know what you are talking about. Also, you know that have more advanced statistics now, and they all show James as one of the 2-3 best offensive players in the NBA.

seeingred, Patience and BigMaloe like this.
  8. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

LeBron and Harden isnt european or lightskin like Curry. Many rockets fans would trade harden for curry or porzingins straight up because of skin color alone, they never go to bat for harden when people and haters are crucifying him. Thats one thing i can say about Lebron, he has his fan support to combat these colorist.

9. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

haha I sort of agree with you, I was mad as hell at him for that, but I know he is a true star talent and we need him on our team. This is why I say Morey and Les need to recognize his playoff failure pattern and try to bring in another all star level player that can carry some of the load and maybe that guy wont fold up in the big games. It won't be easy to do, but it's the only way to have a real chance at a title while he is here.

kjayp likes this.
  10. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

so many lin trolls wanna see harden get traded, i keep telling them. Les views Harden as the best talent since hakeem. we are not trading him

Patience and BigMaloe like this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I guess you don't know how leverage works.

This extention give the Rockets major leverage because it locks him in for 5 years. Unless it comes with a no trade clause any team that wants him would have to fork over SERIOUS assets.

If he declines this deal then I think we have to trade him. He could be a free agent in 2019.

Patience and Killatron 2000 like this.
  12. caneks

caneks Rookie

Education? lol. Harden is #1 on FTAs, there is little room to get more FTAs in the future. more than likely it will go down. What happens then? those possessions resulting to FTs now will be FGAs. FGM is the same, so FG% will only going down. There are too many people like you here, thinking you know something. Really?

apparent, you have better understanding on this game than kevC and wekko368. 3 points is one reason. however. that can not change the fact that Harden has FG% below than team average and league average on both FG% and 3pt FG%.

Checking on the NBA record. could any of you find any players with top FTAs are low on FG% like harden? I guess not.

deshen likes this.
  13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Why would FGM would stay the same? He would attempt easier shots instead of trying to draw the fouls which he converts at 65+%. You think he will miss every single shot he attempts instead of getting fouled on? Do you understand the basic concept of basketball?

14. hakeemthagreat

I'm not sure of that given how bad he looked in the final game of the postseason. Harden's talented, but right now he's only known for being the guy that quits in crucial playoff games. His talent comes with a huge asterick

lw17 likes this.
  15. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

If Harden won his 2 rightful mvps, the lin trolls would have no arguments here

16. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

markelle fultz is going number 1 in the draft and being hailed as the second coming of james harden, harden would command a lot if he were on the market

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Wrong. You're trying to conclude which leads to more expected points....going for the layup or going for the foul, but your approach is terrible. For instance, if Harden attempts a hook move, misses the shot, and fails to draw the foul, you include that in the "going for the layup" category when it should clearly be in the "going for the foul" category.

The only way to test your theory is to watch the games and note when he's driving to the basket with the intent to draw the foul or the intent to score, and then track the results of those attempts.

The reason Harden apologists such as yourself think I drag the thread down is b/c you don't really want to discuss his strengths and weaknesses. You'd rather just circle jerk in his "greatness".

18. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Harden is great, every player has weaknesses.. If Harden were mexican, white or lightskin would you rockets fans accept him more

19. 1Deep

1Deep Member

th
    C'mon man...the race card??? Harden makes it difficult to go to bat for him because many of the negative things people point out about him are actually true. And you are right many Rockets fans would trade Harden for Curry or Porzingis because they are Rockets fans more than they are Harden fans.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yeah Kevin Durnat, LBJ, Kobe Bryant, KG, MJ, Dream, Karl Malone , Shaq are all not dark skin....

Shut up @Harden2Capela or @J Hard