1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets & Sunshine Kids

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by elvis, Sep 4, 2020.

1. elvis

elvis Member

Watching game 7 against the Thunder was almost overwhelmingly nerve racking for me. I could hardly stand it. Living here in Houston, I got the local feed with Matt and Bull from ATT sports. (Great game call, guys). During breaks the Rockets kept showing footage of Russell Westbrook meeting kids during an outing put together by the Sunshine Kids. Sunshine Kids is a non-profit dedicated to helping kids with cancer.

To make a long story short, I was so grateful after the Rockets won game 7 that I went to the Sunshine Kids website and made a donation. If you feel like you need to make things right with the universe for delivering such a great win on Wednesday, giving something to an organization like Sunshine Kids is one satisfying way to do it. The website is here: https://www.sunshinekids.org/

(I would also call James and personally thank him for blocking Dort's shot if only I had the number).

I meant to post this yesterday, but I was too hungover to do anything but rewatch the game a couple of times.

Thanks for checking this out. And GO ROCKETS!!