1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should Consider the Miami offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

With the news of harden still wanting out ,it seems as there's only 2 offers in the table that makes sense and are the most likely to happen. The philly deal with simmons/fillers /picks and the miami deal with herro /fillers picks.Rockets should be in no rush to trade yet and should take their time evaluating both of these players/packages. I did a quick scouting of herro and robinson, As of right now im really leaning to the miami offer that will probabaly be based on herro,robinson,precious/fillers and picks.

With herro ,you may have a superstar in the making ,hes only 20 years old and averaged 17 points per 36 minutes in the playoffs,he was 37percent from 3 and 48 percent from 2.He has a killer instinct like Kobe and does not shy away from the bright light. He even had a game in the playoffs were he erupted for 37 points. He has a high basketball Iq and is a terrific passer.

With Duncan robinson ,he kinda reminds me of Klay thompson, he is 25, 6-7 flamethrower that can also play defense,last season in the playoffs he average 15 points ,he was 40percent from 3 and 65percent from 2 per 36 minutes. Hes also a player that plays with a chip on his shoulder and does not shy away from the bright lights.
    Now obviously this is not enough for a player of hardens caliber so fillers ,picks and swaps would have to be included.

If simmons is not able to show 3 point shot improvement and both herro and duncan are able to show growth ,then rockets need to consider this trade. They would be a perfect compliment to Wood .having a herro and wood pick and roll with robinson at the 3 point line makes for a scary offensive team. Also both of these guys play defense. As of right now everything will depend on how much improvement Simmons is making offensively. And how much growth and development herro and robinson are making.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man. . You guys are SUPER HIGH on Herro and Robinson after 1 playoff run.
    ION know about all that . . . but I guess we will see.

Rocket River

tc0330, Possum, MIAGI99 and 16 others like this.
  3. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

Herro+Nunn+Robinson+ 2-3 FRPs isn't BAD. Similar package AD got, depending on how good you think Ingram is vs Herro. Rockets won't get equal value in this trade. I think all of us need to accept that. Everyone is looking at the Jrue Holiday package, but that was a clear overpay from a desperate team trying to keep Giannis.

4. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Amel likes this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No. U fkin wait, there will b a better offer, don't fall for hype.

Harden isn't going to sit it out in protest

Possum, NotInMyHouse, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The problem is the Heat have enough to at least go to the ECF and Finals.

The Sixers would need Harden more urgently in order to appease their fanbase.

Nobody is winning it with Lakers at their best and durable.

Highlyrated likes this.
  7. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Its early right now ,we just have to see how things unfold in both simmons and Herro/robinson development.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, that’s it. THAT’S IT! Talk ourselves into Tyler Herro & Duncan Robinson. ;)

Tyler & Duncan are pretty good!
    We may not make the playoffs but this could be a fun team to watch!
    I’m excited to see what Silas can do with this squad!
    Harden didn’t want to be here. I’m glad we got Tyler & Duncan!
    It could have been worse, like Dinwiddie, Allen & LeVert!
    Those picks in 2025 & 2027 could be decent!

basso, hajkov, finsraider and 11 others like this.
  9. futilman

futilman Member

Can we also get rid of EGs contract in a Herro/Simmons trade..

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

C'mon bro. The greatest offensive player of our generation.. an MVP.. for 2 rookies who will never make an all star team? C'mon man.

11. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Miami has the best to offer since Simmons isn't likely to be moved AND they have already shown interest in Harden.

Get it done and move on.

CarlosGM likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

13. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I think we need to dedicate this thread to Katya Henry, she is part of the package.

Highlyrated likes this.
  14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

YES, we are not in a hurry. The Miami deal is not good enough.....Philly deal or wait....but Philly is going to give us the kitchen sink!!

15. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

enough of these threads Jesus

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Yea its better than what Philly would offer, all three are legit and one of them is possibly a superstar, while all three will probably be all stars at one point in their life time. If Boogie and Wall stay healthy we are top 5 team IMO and have a chance to win it next year

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

You are wrong, we can revisit this in a few years

Highlyrated likes this.
  18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

they fit into the way we play for sure. I feel like Simmons could also though even though he can't shoot and would have a huge impact on defense which we will need more than more shooting. the bulls got whatever they wanted yesterday.....THE BULLS. imagine what actuall good teams can do. on offense we could also try to play him like giannis since DMC seems to be a legit stretch 5. so right now I say Simmons is still what we should hope for but I see the pros of the Miami deal also. I'll probably be happy with either one.

19. xaos

xaos Member

Or we could wait it out and squeeze a team of an actual future superstar + draft picks.

groovemachine likes this.
  20. MrWise

MrWise Member

I’m baffled people actually think robinson and herro are a good swap for Harden.

Don’t get me wrong great players but they are clearly being hyped beyond their means. They are good role players at best and in no way match Hardens value.

I could name several players much better from lower tier teams I would prefer.