1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets release Brandan Wright

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Mar 23, 2018.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets gonna sign him to a cheap deal in the off season. Smart to keep him around.

RocketsTerps and D-rock like this.
  2. aroundtheblock2

Yep. Sounds like there is still interest.

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He just has no lift anymore. The defense I don’t believe take him as a serious threat and that allows more closeouts on harden and shooters.

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

Minute 4. Just un-be-liev-able.

5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I really don't see how at this point you can say with a straight face that he has helped the team. His play so far has not elevated the team, it's hurt the team. Now maybe time will tell and it will pan out. But Wright not playing hasn't affected the team negatively, however Joe Johnson playing has.

Maybe Joe Johnson becomes an asset in these next 10 games and in the playoffs, maybe he needed time to shake off the rust. But I can't predict the future, what I can say is Joe Johnson hasn't made the team better so far, not even a little bit. There is no argument for that, so I don't see how it's delusional at all to say someone that has had NO IMPACT to the teams play has been better for the team then a player that has had a negative impact so far.

That's just a sad reality, and hopefully the preliminary negative investment goes on to pay dividends in the playoffs. Maybe in 2 months I can say JJ was better for the team.

Right now it's March 23rd 2018. Right now Brandon Wright has had more of a positive impact to the team then JJ

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

how high nene jumps has little to do with closeouts on the perimeter for shooters. so if nene jumped as high as capela that would give ariza, tucker more open shots? not really. what gets them open shots is how they decide to play harden and cp3. and what gets capela and nene shots is also based on defenses play harden and cp3. the only time the center position possibly gets a shot for others is when cp3/harden is doubled on the high screen and roll and they pass it down the middle to make it essentially a 4 vs 3

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

a guy that has played 15 mins one time and didn't even look that great to begin with has helped hou that much? whats unbelievable is you actually werent joking. like i posted yesterday. JJ is the new scapegoat of the team.

8. Realjad

Did i say he helped 'so much'?

I said he has had a more positive impact to the team so far then JJ and then said it's sad that someone who has had no impact has been better then JJ whom has been a negative impact. I further said time will tell, that I'm speaking for RIGHT NOW, and maybe by years end JJ will have impacted the team more.

You tell me. Is 0 greater than -1? I'm not the delusional one, YOLO, who is claiming -1 is greater than a zero.

#68 Realjad, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

him having a negative impact is just based on whatever agenda you have for JJ. sorry but thats just not credible. lol @ negative impact. i guess the rockets being 15-1 since he joined the team has been detrimental. he needs to be cut

10. Realjad

You're a fool dude. Even if the Rockets are undefeated 82-0 they should be trying to elevate their game further. There is always room for improvement.

99% of anyone who has watched the games surely will admit JJ hasn't been an asset. The supporters have belief he will be though. MDA will even admit it's a work in progress and he's trying to find his place to get going.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

this has nothing to do with any of the previous posts

12. Realjad

It directly has to do with your previous post.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if clint goes down it's going to be very difficult to get past GS. with a healthy wright we may have still had a chance. but now we have nobody else who can play above the rim in the paint.

Rox11 and mario_v like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

it actually doesn't.

the fact that you believe someone who played 15 mins once in a possible 17 games has contributed more than someone thats actually played is just plain dumb. apparently being at home injured counts as having impact on games being physically played. JJ getting guys open shots bc hes being doubled is alone, already more of an impact than anything wright did as a rocket. i can't believe you're even trying to defend yourself on this just terrible take

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I haven't heard much other than what has been reported. He was great in the locker room apparently....did all that was asked. He's just injured goods. BW was a low-risk/high-reward Morey move. It just didn't work out and unfortunately, leave us thin in the front court.

Huricane, Deuce, HTX Ninja and 6 others like this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

JJ > Brandon Wright.
    Silly to think a guy with no impact has more of a positive impact than a person who helped the team win actual games. A playing body that contributed to wins no matter how shtty (u think he is) is still more useful than a guy who doesn't play. HC rotation has increased to 9 man b/c of JJ (not for the right reasons), but the positive effect of 9 man rotation = more rest for the others. FKing delusional to say wright basically a cheerleader/benchwarmer is more useful than jj. Using your stupid number analogy Wright is a negative cause he doesn't contribute and is taking up roster space, hence y he got cut.

#76 DatRocketFan, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  17. carib

carib Member

With Brandon Wright unable to play for the rest of the season it made sense to create room for another player. No need to argue about Wright and Johnson's impact. Wright is injured and played one game this season for the Rockets and has been waived. If you look back several years Wright has been injury prone I doubt the GMs have a high expectation he will be able to play for most of the regular seasons in the future.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U should read the poster above me stating to the rest of us that Wright has a more positive impact than Johnson. The JJ hate club is strong, it's up to the few of us to put dem in their place.

carib likes this.
  19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That time when I remembered he was a Rocket...like 5 minutes ago.

20. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

This is a wayyyy better team than last year's. We often will close with PJ Tucker at C over Capela.