1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets pushed into Clippers locker room to confront Austin Rivers, Blake Griffin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spoolxx, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have to think at the very least Ariza, Blake (hitting a coach), and Rivers (being on court during live action) and potentially Capela & Black (if they were being part of a distraction) are going to get at least a 1 game suspension. Paul might as well if he was determined to be involved beyond a peacemaker.

D-rock and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

That would mean the nba have to take responsibility! We all know that'll never happen.

Also Austin Rivers instigated the whole thing. Players who can't even get on the court should never be trash talking anybody without serious suspensions.

3. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Sure go suspend Ariza and Anderson for the rest of the season. Rockets have plenty of talent.

4. SORF

SORF Member

Okay, here is my two cents on the matter. I do think Ariza was waiting to talk to Griffin or Rivers. CP3 and Harden noticed Ariza wasn't in the Rockets locker room and realized he was probably outside the Clippers locker room. CP3 knew the tunnel was away from prying eyes of the press and with Harden and Green,went to keep Ariza from making a mistake by going into the Clips LR. In the meantime, Capela has after game dinner plans with Harrell, and is knocking on the front door when the confrontation is happening elsewhere.

The NBA will sort things out.

#504 SORF, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  5. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Clint, you take Blake.

But me and Montrezl gonna have us some t-bone steak tonight!

Keep that steak in the freezer! Montrezl, you take DeAndre! Save some of 'em steak for me later.

Awwhh, James, DeAndre ain't playing today!

Don't be the wuzzz Montrezl, ok you take on that punk Austin!!

What about me James? ---Jason

Go back to Dallas.

Call Bobby(Brown). Tell him I talked to Morey.

[​IMG]

6. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Nice signature and default pic

Mr. Space City likes this.
  7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Redneck team routine.

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

How long does it take for NBA to complete a simple investigation? This isn't exactly a homicide case.

imo, Ariza and Austin Rivers should both be suspended 1 game and be done with it. CP3 and Harden most likely were trying to talk Ariza out of confronting him while GG is just there because he rides and die a Rocket. Idk what Capela was doing, maybe he went to look for them after and didn't know about the back entrance.

s3ts, True Rocket and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Ok, Blake Griffin.

BigMaloe, DonKnock and MorningZippo like this.
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Why do people in the media who know Staples Center keep feeding into the secret passage way, private tunnel nonsense? For jokes, obviously it's funny, but SAS and others are seriously using that as a sign that Ariza and or CP3 led the charge as they have played there etc...seems also rather odd to say Ariza was the instigator and not Griffin.

Now I'm thinking, Ariza 2 to 5 games suspension, Griffin 1, Rivers fine and all the other Rockets fines and maybe even suspension for CP3, Green & Capela.

malakas and Stormy1234 like this.
  11. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

21 technicals were called across the league in a single day. The NBA is clearly not addressing these issues, even though they are getting worse, and while trying to beat up other players is definitely not the answer, traditional means of addressing piss poor refs have clearly failed.

jch1911, s3ts and DonKnock like this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

I would like to know with what kind of logic some people here claim that Ariza isn't going to be suspended? Because he didn't actually assaulted someone?
    We are not talking about getting arrested we are talking about suspension.

Going after players in their lockeroom with what kind of logic is not reason for suspension??
    Really...what kind of league would the NBA be if it didn't suspend someone who did something like that. A trash league that promotes hooliganism.

Vivi, D-rock and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. Black Yoshi

Black Yoshi Member

15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I agree, but we're not changing that. As evident by the no foul out Clippers sequence. You can't hide that, we're clearly not in political position to communicate much differently.

Best solution is Tilman Fartita to step up. He needs to make a case about it.

SIL

MorningZippo likes this.
  16. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Two big games on TV coming up. It'll be settled after that, it's business.

SIL

RHU525 and s3ts like this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Was Qi with the team? I understand he knows Kung Fu and can be a real badass when he gets riled up.

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

The logic is in the precident. I'm fairly certain Ariza and Harden have both confronted them opposing players after a game before. I don't recall them being suspended last time.

19. Progs

Progs Member

@tinman