1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets/Morey Interested in Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

"Another team to keep an eye on: Houston. The Rockets don’t have a pick in this year’s draft, but they have young talent on hand (Clint Capela, Sam Dekker, Montrezl Harrell), and have their first-rounders going forward. Rockets general manager Daryl Morey would be willing to take the chance that being part of a contender in Houston, and playing in Mike D’Antoni’s system, would appeal to George."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...dc4clel?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Deuce and ROXonROXonROX like this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. rocketseagles07

Good looks on the link but we already knew this. If theres a star to be had morey's in on it, and he doesn't care about the risk.

I'm fine with anybody leaving for pg not named capela. I'd really hope EG isn't involved as well

Vivi and justtxyank like this.
  5. JD88

JD88 Member

I posted this same blurb like two pages ago in the other thread....

I was hoping for something new. :(

6. Nook

Nook Member

"Yeah, uh yeah we had discussions with Paul's camp and we discussed things and how Paul would fit in our system and what it would be like playing with a player like James. You know, James uhh James really ups the bar for us. We could let Paul play with a top three player in the league. James was greatest with this, he met and worked out with Paul and Pat Bev was great too. But, at the end of the day, Paul decided to go a different way.... and we are excited to make the moves we have made, we really believe that Anthony (Toliver) and Reggie (Bullock) will bring more to the table than Paul George would have..... and uhh we are, you know excited to get them into Mike's system."
    - Daryl Morey (after trying to sign Chris Paul and trade for Paul George.... and failing, and then trying to sign Chris Bosh and Gallo..... and failing, and then trying to add Jeff Withey.... and missing out on him)

pippendagimp, BigggReddd and J.R. like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If I'm Morey I'd be all in on this, I'd sell the farm and flip the team upside down. This might be the only opportunity he gets to boost this team to contention.

I think if we land George, we could easily land one of the top 5 free agents (Paul, Hayward, Griffin, Lowry, Milsap). If we can pair Harden and George with one of those 5 free agents we become the 2nd best team in the league, and depending on how chemistry works, depending on how we could build the team around the stars, we could potentially take down the Warriors within the next 2 or 3 years.

everyday eddie and lionaire like this.
  8. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I love when teams like the PACERS and hopefully soon to be CELTICS get their gut punched in for being greedy MF who think they know it all.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

Was excited until I saw the source

justtxyank likes this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

That newsletter is still all about Wicky Wubio, Spencer Dumbwiddie and Josh Harrellson

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. threepointshot3

Really hope we keep clint. I love his upside.

12. Fantasma Negro

Clint is replaceable, in fact his replacement is already on the roster in Nanu. Adding a wing that can make plays, score and defend puts us back in the wcf. If you think center in the nba is still a premium I would like to remind you that Javale McGee has ring. Plus Clint is due for a new contract makes him the perfect trade candidate

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

of course Morey and the Rockets are interested

all signs seem to point to him going to Cleveland or LA if they pony up some assets

14. Nook

Nook Member

You tell me that Clint can be a key piece in getting Paul George, I will pack Clint's bags for him.

Clint is going to be a restricted free agent soon and some shitty team is going to over pay him, and the Rockets will likely lose him for nothing.

FLASH21, J.R. and justtxyank like this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Josh Harrellson? Wow. Holic is out there!

16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And box up his Dynex.

Nook likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserved its own thread