1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets meeting with Javale McGee Sunday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Ed Davis is a much better player for less.

baller4life315 likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets do lol they signed Gerald Green to vet min first last year.

amaru likes this.
  3. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Yeah I slept on it and I agree. Probably a lot more small ball as well, so I dont see these replacements getting the same minutes but you are right.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

And Looney greater than MeGee.

amaru likes this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Analytics software says grab somebody with a low iq.

RKREBORN likes this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well, Kemba is projected to make $141M /4 yrs ($35 + change). So that’s the average $ of the contract over 4 yrs.

So in essence the first year could be $32M or so. Their team salary sits at around $68 Million (Kyrie Cap hold must have been renounced or will be soon).

So $68M + Kemba $32M (first year) = $100M. Not enough for Boston to fit in Capela $16.5M under
    the new salary cap $109M.
    So no trade for Capela x picks out right. So the Rockets may have to take the non guaranteed
    contracts of Jonathan Gibson & Sami Ojeyle (each $1.6M).....maybe add Robert
    Williams $1.9M (guaranteed). Or they waive Gibson/Ojeyle themselves.

But I’m not so lucky.......they renounce the rights to Rozier $4.3M QO. Similar to Brooklyn renouncing the rights to D Russell once they get their PG (Kyrie). Kemba is practically already signed.

So Capela for first round pick. Maybe some variation there of.

Enjoy the rest of your day my friend. I’m getting my popcorn ready.

#106 ApacheWarrior, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Rasheed, Da Wink and saleem like this.
  7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

this is what i get for drinking smh my bad

8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

lmao damnit my bad my bad

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Deandre Jordan
    Current 23 million
    Asking 20 million
    Nets offer room exception 4.8 millio to Jordan. Cap room to kd.

Morey can offer more than nets.

Nets are small. McGee scores 33 points and has 20 rebounds against nets.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

There isnt a lot of difference between Mcgee, Kevon Looney and De Andre Jordan. Morey should take the cheapest ones and put the money elsewhere.

saleem likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great job mon ami. Have a great day!

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  12. BigBum

BigBum Member

McGee is cheapest, no doubt.

13. MystikArkitect

I don’t think players care one way or another if they’re names are in the mud or not. They make decisions based on their best interests and teams do the same. It’s just business.

I honestly think that if the Rockets could land Butler/Jordan/McGee and unload Gordon and Capela that would be a net positive. Capela isn’t worth his contract unless he’s being fed by an elite PG/ball handler. He’d only work alongside Kyrie/Fox/Harden/Doncic/Atlanta kid.

Harden/Paul/Jordan/Butler/Tucker w Rivers/Looney/Shumpert/House/Green isn’t bad.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I think players do care about their reputation. The way Butler is teasing fans in California, Texas, Florida
    and 76ers tells me he likes the attention and doesn’t want to come out looking like a complete jerk
    by messing with franchises......multiple meaning Houston and Boston. But I did post earlier
    that teasing fans was one thing, franchises was another. That could close two doors (Houston/Boston) that he
    May want open later in his career. Plus the connections Boston and Houston have with other teams.

The bad mouthing of Butler between the teams could hurt his brand (again, if a deal was stuck behind the scenes).

D Jordan would have to accept less.....I see that with a contender like Rockets/Lakers.

I don’t see Rivers/Shumpert coming back

House would need to turn away offers and gamble on himself being a free agent at season’s end. Unless
    the Capela trade or Gordon trade opens up money, they can’t match many offers for House. If I’m House
    why play for Houston who played Harden/Gordon in front of me at SF and now has Butler for the QO....
    when I can go be a starter for a lesser team. Some team like Atlanta with a facilitator like TreaYoung.
    Or if Nets strikeout on KD, do they go after Hood (or other SF vet) for $15M or House for $7-$8M?

House as a starter 18/19:
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/houseda01/splits/2019
    11.2 pts.....4.2 TRB....49.5% (FG%)....48.3% (3P%)......91.7% (FT%)......68.7 (TS%)...... +3.7 (+/-)

xaos likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Oh, Houston can use a trade exception (only one I believe), the Brandon Knight $3+ mil to help make a deal.

Take care saleem

xaos and saleem like this.
  16. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agreed, really think we should go after Ed Davis, Looney types of players. Javale should be a much better rebounder than he is and makes too many bone head mistakes. In the Nene role, okay sign him up for the vet min but we really need guys we can rely on that have an elite skill. Ed Davis is an elite rebounder now and Looney is a surprisingly good all around player with intangibles. Kind of like Tucker but as a Center. Can't have enough of those types of guys.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You too buddy.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

This guy sucks. At that point id rather have kendrick perkins fml

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Who needs Butler anyways.

20. J.R.