1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rockets management have given the season ticket holders the shaft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie_king, Feb 15, 2010.

1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

I'm not gonna beat the "mcgrady should be playing" dead horse(clearly that horse is 6 feet in the ground) or be a mcgrady apologist but if season ticket holders where polled for their opinion and expectations for the season i'm sure a lot of them would have expected to see mcgrady this season which in turn allowed them to be optimistic. Although I will concede that some ticket holders might be optimistic with air-bud.

I like Budinger and etc but mcgrady is a perenial allstar who I would pay to see. Now I don't have a problem with Bud and I understand that the team is rebuilding, but I wonder how long of a leash yao and rick adelman should get next season. Basically, yao should be ready at the start of training camp to boost ticket sales if he was any kind of franchise player he would work hard for this goal.

I'm not loosing all hope because since dallas pulled the trigger maybe we might do something too, but i'm not holding my breathe.

2 people like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You made the choice to buy the tickets, you have the power, use it.

DD

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It sure sounds like your beating a dead horse. :rolleyes:

I can't speak from the Season ticket holder POV (sadly) but I'm sure they knew T-mac wouldn't be the same and this was a Developmental year.

4. herro

herro Member

I came in expecting to see some McGrady, and for the organization to do everything it could to improve. I saw some McGrady, and I'm under the impression we're trying hard to improve before the deadline.

No complaints.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

One must be a season ticket holder to actually form a conclusion on what a season ticket holder must be feeling about this season.

6. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

you actually bought season tickets this season thinking McGrady was going to be back and back to his old self? Seriously?

They have cautioned all along that he was going to be a work in progress and they weren't sure when he was coming back...

7. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

IMHO, if you'd rather pay to see McDiva than half-payroll blue collar, against the odds team with heart and hustle, then you're part of the problem. Views like that enable max level deals to talented, soft, lazy superstars - the implications of which are far too numerous to list from my blackberry at work.

Ill buy your tickets for .50 on the dollar.

8. amaru

amaru Member

You mean the opportunity to see Mr. Brickshot play isn't good enough for you?

:confused:

9. Hball

Hball Member

LOL.. and you guys really bought in to that, who develops players with no upside?

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

that's a lot of fail you just posted. Do you really want me to make you look simple?

AB
    Lowry
    Landry
    Budinger
    JT
    Dorsey

all with less than 4 years NBA experience.

yeah, I think they have shown to have upside.

think before you post.

11. Pop Rox

Pop Rox Member

Yah they really owe you a big apology for winning more games before the all-star break than most analysts picked them to win all year. :rolleyes:

12. herro

herro Member

been one for years...

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

how is he a perennial all star? he just had a potential career ending surgery

14. Hball

Hball Member

Brooks and Landry show the most upside but they don't play the same position as T-mac, that was my point.

People say it's a development year as if Ariza, Battier, and Budinger have star potential, and playing T-mac would only stunt their growth.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Rockets did <a href="http://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/1490586384">sell and push the fact that T-Mac would be coming back</a> this season, but I do think most of us saw through that. That bridge was burned last year... really was. I don't see how they could have just welcomed T-Mac back so easily.

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Tracy's fate was sealed when the rockets got past the 1st round without him last season.

1 person likes this.
  17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

fwiw, ive been a season ticket holder since 06-07, do I feel ripped off? not at all

who the hell buys season tickets for one player? I get them to watch the WHOLE FREAKING TEAM.....

and I'm still having the time of my life every game, win or lose

18. Hball

Hball Member

Is that you Morey?

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

People pay to see the superstars in this league. Unfortunately brooks and ariza don't fit that bill.

20. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

As a season ticket holder for years, I was fully aware when I bought the tickets that Yao was out for the season and TMac was questionable for at least the first 1-2 months of the season. Even then, I was aware that TMac was returning from microfracture surgery so even if he returned, I wasn't expecting a 'perenial allstart' ...to use your words.

We know you are frustrated by the recent losing streak but ...keep your revisionist history in check.

1 person likes this.