1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Make Offer to Mike Miller?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, Jul 21, 2013.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

idk.... but im gonna say 2 year contract at vet min with a team option on 2nd year...lol

1 person likes this.
  3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Handy J from Chandler should do it.

4. Ultimate6thMan

I don't know, but I'm willing to bet that they offer MM the full 2.6+ for the 2 years that they are allowed to offer it.

I'm pretty sure Camby will be offered only the vet minimum.

At least that's what I would do. But can't wait to hear the details and hope that they both accept and come here to help us win it all this year!

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Get Parsons to text him everyday...but with a picture of his junk this time.

6. Ultimate6thMan

Since MM didn't just accept the offer right away, I wonder if any Rocket's players have actually contacted him at all to ask him to join us. And if they haven't, and he is trying to decide between us, OKC and the Spurs, I wonder if a few of our stars sent him a text, would it sway him to choose us?

Obviously he is not a star to pursue like we did DH12, but I think he would be a very important piece in our championship run this year....enough so that it wouldn't hurt to have a few players send him a text.

7. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Miller is no longer the player he was after being drafted fifth in 2000. He is slow and a moderate to poor defender but he can still hit the trey under pressure. Miller has been injury plagued over the past few years, and I'm unsure as to how much premium grade gas remains in his tank.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ultimate6thMan

We don't need him to be a premium player, just to hit above 40% treys as he does consistently, especially in the playoffs. His performance in the playoffs, and his rings suggest that he is worth our room mle for two years. Garcia to me was just okay during the season, but his stepped up play during the playoffs is probably what makes most people want him back so bad on the Rockets this year.

Miller is an ELITE level 3 point shooter, proven by his statistics. Even if he can't give you 82 regular season games, if he can be healthy, and shooting in the playoffs for us like he did for Miami this year, he is actually then worth more than the 2.6 mil we could give him...at least on our team because we will value the 3pt shot so much. IMHO

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

he's basically a better shooting delfino if you think about it.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

But can he throw down a one handed jam in Durant's face?

1 person likes this.
  11. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

Miller or Camby? Who would you rather have?

12. Ultimate6thMan

Both. No reason to choose. They don't play the same position and we can pay them both using the vet. minimum and room mle.

13. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Both

Brooks/Miller/Camby 》Covington/Young/Smith

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Vet min.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...erested-in-veterans-mike-miller-marcus-camby/

#14 HMMMHMM, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Id be pretty upset it we straight up cut Smith, he's too young and talanted. We could get a mid 2nd Rd pick for him easy.

16. Ultimate6thMan

I trust Morey's judgment, but I would have no problem offering MM our full room MLE. I think he is worth it and could be that valuable to our team come playoff time. I wouldn't offer Camby more than the minimum though. Although I think he will provide good veteran presence and some defense if needed, he is more easily replaced with what we have in GSmith already.....and he's 40.

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I thought Mike Miller signed with the Thunder? :confused:

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Trading Smith makes sense to me, he's about to get paid. I think he has great potential though.

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Miller would have the bigger impact but Camby still provides a lot of depth for z trade down the road

20. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

pretty sure it's just the minimum for 2 years
    he got amnestied
    doesn't matter Houston offer him minimum or with room exception
    his total salary is still the same as his old contract with Miami