1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have interest in Gallinari

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vivi, Feb 15, 2017.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Would love to have him. Having him, Harden, and Gordon on the floor at the same time would be unstoppable offensively. His jumpshot and ability to attack off the dribble are so much better than Ariza's it's not even funny. Defensively, there would be issues. Gallo, Harden, Anderson would be a terrible defensive unit.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He's a terrible defender and he is always hurt, but he would be nice to have off the bench in place of Dekker if he wasn't get paid 16 million next year.

3. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

So you're telling me we can have a guy to take Corey Brewer's 3 pt opportunities? **** yeah I'm on board. Always have been. (Sig)

hakeem94 and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

5. Chamillionaire

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I honestly don't believe that we do. Gallo would take us out of the business of pursuing top end free agents in the summer and getting rejected.

Nook and Chamillionaire like this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He has a player option, which, if he finishes the season healthy, he is guaranteed to opt out. With his health history he needs a long-term contract.

If/when he opts out, you have more cap space to either resign him, or chase someone else.

robbie380 likes this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Get Wilson Chandler instead. 11.2 M contract. He can play on both ends of the floor, and is fit after getting injured.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Deserves its own thread.

hakeem94, yixiixiy and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Appears that Denver's medical staff is inferior to Houston's. Might be able to give him a resurgence like Gordon.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

out of all the realistic targets, gallo is probably one of the top FA's the rockets would be interested in regardless imo, especially with hayward less likely to leave utah

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. Chamillionaire

He wouldn't have to do much else than hit open 3s and defend a little bit. I'm assuming at this point in his career he's a 4. Last time I watched him play, he was sloooooow.

Like Dirk slow.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is 29, and will be a UFA in 2019.

14. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

The only players i would potentially want on the Nuggets are Wilson Chandler, Will Barton, and possibly Kenneth Faried.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

LaMarcus Aldridge (2015): "I was really impressed with Daryl Morey and the Rockets. But they aren't the Spurs, am-I-right?"

Al Horford (2016): "I was really impressed with Daryl Morey and the Rockets. When Hakeem walked in I nearly ****. But they're in the Western Conference, am-I-right?"

Ken Bazemore (2016): "They were just low-balling me, using me to get to Al, am-I-right? Besides, I didn't want to leave Hotlanta."

We have Kenneth Faried in a lesser-paid Montrezl Harrell. And he often DNP's when our other bigs are healthy / not being rested.

Tha_Dude and Nook like this.
  16. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

With the emergence of Juan choose the Nuggets might be keen on moving galo to let the young trio of Jokic, Hernangomez, and Murray grow together. That core with the vets they already have should be enought for them to lock in a playoff spot. An expiring and a 1st rounder seems like pretty good return for an obsolete player.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Not quick enough. He's not a 2/3/4 anymore. He's just a 4 . He's got skill for sure , but I worry about his athleticism and ability to play defense at all.

Believe it or not, gallo for brewer straight up might hurt us. It wont matter for the playoffs, but the depth we need is at the 2/3 not the 4. We already have dekker, Anderson,harrell that could play the 4.

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Gallo will probably be one of our backup targets after the big fish, like Anderson and Gordon were last year. Is there any other team in the league that is a better fit for him?

19. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

:eek::eek::eek:

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Let's do it! We will have the best "If he can stay healthy." team since the Tmac-Yao days!

Tha_Dude, BigMaloe, saleem and 2 others like this.