1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have interest in Gallinari

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vivi, Feb 15, 2017.

1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Interesting thought with this move is vs the warriors not our 1st rd opponent

We would have lineup that can score with and at least hang with def vs warriors lineup of death in

Harden
    Gordon
    Gallanari
    Anderson
    Harrel

I think harrel is who you want on green and you just see who can out shoot who

mikol13 likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It will probably give them pause, to be sure. They'll have to weigh what's best for them: getting in the playoffs (and beat down by the Warriors) this season, or get something in return for a player sure to leave. Or both, I guess, depending on the return for Gallo, although even a good trade for them might adjust chemistry to the point they'll fall off.

Cod mentioned some time back that NenĂª was recruiting Gallo. What we'd give up for a rental? (Shrug.) Watching Ibaka go to Toronto, I'd say, "Maybe not much," unless our eyes are elsewhere.

DonKnock and Vivi like this.
  3. thekad

thekad Member

They'll be more keen to move Gallo now that they have to pay $20 million to a guy they just traded two assets for.

Brewer+Harrell/Dekker+HOU 1st+MIN 2nd to Denver

McDaniels to Minnesota

Gallinari to Houston

4. Mr Chuck Norris

he was injury prone two years ago as well lol.

kwakmeister likes this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don't know all that much about Gallo but Harrel and Dekker? Way too heavy a price for my taste.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Has he even been playing this year? Seems like he's always injured.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Did he mean core after the starters?

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

meh, call me when Rockets love Gallinari. I'm serious!

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Damn i missed that, thanks.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, Jokic and Harris are already starters so...

11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Agreed decker and their own 2nd back should be good enough

They get similar type of player for way less money and more years

12. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

DG would make a great starter for us, but he's not going to play PF as a starter, he would have to play the SF. That means Ariza is either getting traded or going to the bench. With the perimeter defense that Ariza provides, are we saying that his defense is currently on the level of DG, or does DG's offense balance his lack of defense?

Say Ariza goes to the bench, who do we trade to make the salaries fit?

If Ariza goes, we have a starting 5 of:
    Harden
    Beverly
    Gallo
    Anderson
    Capela

with Gordon
    Dekker
    Nene
    Harrell usually in our regular or back2back rotation.

Houston would require an additional SG to come with Gallinari, which would be ideal, I mean we are risking taking on Gallo's injury history, which is Daryl's leverage. If we can get Mike Miller or even better, Gary Harris, then our bench would be the best in the league.

Now here's another idea. If we are really after Gallo, and we do not want to give up Ariza, then we have to trade Anderson.

Gallo would come over and move into the PF spot. That would mean we need to pick up another big contract from Denver, like Arthur.

But what do I know.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I may be in the minority but i see Gallo start at the 4 here eventually, Ariza defense is needed, and tbh, Gallo is a sort of poor Melo overall (less talented but not as iso oriented) so, if we were willin to play Melo at the 4 i don't see why we shouldn't play Gallo in the same spot

Mathloom and CallMeTheDream like this.
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I have been advocating for Gallo for a while now. He seems to be flying under everyone's radar, but he is a very good player. Injuries are a concern yes, but they were for Anderson / Gordon as well, and that has worked out well enough. The NBA landscape is changing, so it is unlikely stars will be changing teams anymore, I think you have to jump on these almost star players, when you can, either via trade, or in free agency.

I would offer Brewer, KJ, our first, and our 2 second round picks for him, which will allow us to operate over the cap next season.

Beverley / (Llull - MLE) / Brown
    Harden / Gordon
    Ariza / Gallo / Dekker
    Anderson / Harrell / Wiltjer
    Capela / Nene (BAE) / Onuaku

I think that is a 55-62 win team over the next 4 years, which is a good spot to be in. With that much depth, you can really rest guys, and keep them healthy.

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Total agreement albeit IDK if they would want all the draft picks Vs one of either dekker/harrell and one pick

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Denver has a good amount of wing players. I'm not so sure they would realistically want any of Houston's. Guys like barton, harris, murray, chandler. They would probably prefer more picks no?

17. CallMeTheDream

Not in favor of giving anything up for him(probably don't have enough anyway). But I absolutely want Morey to push hard for him in free agency in a couple months. I love his passing and he just has a great feel for the game while shooting lights out. He also gives harden that secondary ball handler in the starting 5 he's been needing. Although I would much rather use our assets to pull off a deal for Elfrid Payton to strengthen the backcourt since he'd probably be cheaper. Then going into next season our depth will be amazing and we'd pretty much be able to duke it out with ANY team. All we would need is possibly another center to help with rebounding.

Bev/Elfrid
    Harden/EGo
    Ariza/Harden/Gallo
    Gallo/Anderson/Harrel
    Capela/(Nene or replacement)

18. Nook

Nook Member

Hmm.......... If the Rockets were to trade for Gallinari, I guess they should just run a line up of:

C - Anderson
    PF- Gallinari
    SF- Ariza
    SG- Gordon
    PG- Harden

And.... the first team to 200 points wins.

19. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

He's missed the last 7 games

20. Chamillionaire

Yeah I really like his game too. Particularly his shooting. It's been awhile since his NY days but he balled under MDA.