1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Have Embarrassed the 'Hampton 5' Line Up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, May 17, 2018.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Our small ball lineup keeps Draymond out of the paint in a help situation. He has to stay in the corner with Tucker and along with Durant in the opposite corner with Ariza. That leaves James, CP3, and Eric clear driving lanes to the bucket or force help to open up 3 pointers.

2. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Hey I give you a lot of props for giving an objective point of view on this series. Us Rocket fans have gone through more than our fair share of heartbreak whether through untimely injuries or just simply underachieving since '95. I personally believe this year to be the Rockets' best chance to win the ring. Getting past the Warriors will not be easy by any stretch.

Through the first 2 games, I can say that I feel pretty encouraged that the Rockets for the most part maintained the same game plan of letting KD get his points at will (really no choice but to hope he misses) while staying home and disciplined on Curry/Klay and the rest. Game 1 was a disappointment for obvious reasons of HCA.

My hope is first off for neither team's players to get hurt. Secondly, I hope the Rockets don't get complacent or whatever you want to call it between now and Sunday with the extended rest. To beat the best, the Rockets absolutely have to bring the focus and intensity on defense every single game. If they can continue their focus from game 2, I believe they have a great shot at splitting the next 2.

Neither of these teams want to go down 3-1, but I hope it's the Warriors :)

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, I was surprised the Warriors went with the “Hampton-5” line-up off the bat. I said they would bring it
    mostly in the 4th quarter. When the Warriors started with it in game 1, I saw it as a desperate move.

Like a chess player, im trying to stay a few moves ahead of the Warriors. Im finding it hard to see how the Warriors
    can counter. Some are saying the Warriors were content to split the first two games.....? Warriors I know would look
    to step on the throats of the Rockets. Reason being is Houston won the season series and you don’t want to
    give the Rockets any confidence.

Hampton-5
    Draymond.......(3’s in playoffs 17/18 prior to Houston): 16-48 for 33.3%
    Draymond.......(3’s in playoffs 17/18 in Houston series): 0-3 for 0%

Iggy.................(3’s in playoffs 17/18 prior to Houston): 11-29 for 37.9%
    Iggy.................(3’s in playoffs 17/18 in Houston series): 0-2 for 0%

Curry................(3’s in playoffs 17/18 prior to Houston): 15-34 for 44.1%
    Curry................(3’s in playoffs 17/18 in Houston series): 2-13 for 15.4%

Klay..................(3’s in playoffs 17/18 prior to Houston): 28-74 for 37.8%
    Klay..................(3’s in playoffs 17/18 in Houston series): 8-19 for 42.1%

Durant..............(3’s in playoffs 17/18 prior to Houston): 19-68 for 27.9%
    Durant..............(3’s in playoffs 17/18 in Houston series): 6-13 for 46.2%

Keep the Warriors as jump shooters....get a body into their cutters........leave Iggy/Dray open.....clog the paint.

Works. Houston in 5 or 6 games.

stats per basketball-reference.com

everyday eddie, rm365 and DavidRocket like this.
  4. Classic

Classic Member

Tuck-Wagon lineup?

I'm all about it like I'm Gerald Green reppin' H-town. **** the Hampton's Fib

5. HookemHorns1250

I'm surprised they haven't matched their "Death" line up (I refuse to call it the Hampton 5), with Capela's minutes. It's much more effective with him on the court, but as someone mentioned, when we go small it forces Draymond out of the paint.

I know they start the game with it, but it seems to just go back to it everytime Capela comes back in.

Also, no one is scared of Iggy any more. No one. We leave him open on purpose. They're much more effective with Swaggy P on the court.

rm365 likes this.
  6. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

So far it has been the worst lineup against the Rockets all year. Capela’s feet are too good and our individual D is too good against that lineup with 2 non offensive threats (Iggy & Green). Capela on Green and Harden on Iggy has allowed HOU to clog up the paint because they’ve been able to play off of Green and Iggy which makes it harder for thrm to make those easy interior passes and they of course can’t shoot, however, if they shoot and it goes in you live with that. With that said PJ, CP3, and Ariza have been able to focus on their man a lot more and have only allowed KD to get his which has ultimately not hurt HOU as much as you’d think. Yea KD has had 75 points in 2 game BUT he’s had 1 assist meaning that he’s not getting anyon else involved because of the simple fact that HOU D has not allowed anyone else to beat them.

everyday eddie and Red.Glare like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Some of those old Celtics teams would beg to differ .... 5 HOFers and a several others who made allstar teams on the same roster. The Showtime Lakers would also dispute the GSW claim to being the best team ever assembled .....

Only two of these clowns are gonna make the HOF .....

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It would be different if A.Iguodala was the AI of the Sixers......that'd be Scarier....but even then.

#49 daywalker02, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Cool story. I would wait until the series is over before you start sh#t talking. I will remember this thread if the Warriors win.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Could you start up a Clutch City 5? Or Bayou (gross) City 5, maybe?

These guys are going to get their as whooped back to Hampton by 5.... WOOOOOOOO!

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Remember it. Take a picture. Fu**in post it over your Lamborghini race car bed.

We don't give a sh**! And take that avatar of Gerald Green off your profile. You aren't worthy of sporting our hometown hero's bust.

[​IMG]

Red Nation RGV, bmelo, Drogba and 6 others like this.
  13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Is that Hamptons 5 name one they gave themselves?

If so...HOLY F***ING DOUCHEBAGS, BATMAN!

Killatron 2000 and FLASH21 like this.
  14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Kerr came up with it.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Figures.

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets are giving the Hamps cramps.

Winning the series is the final stamp.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/05/nb...hy-are-they-called-hamptons-five-origin-story

Who’s responsible for coining the moniker?

Tim Kawakami, who covers the Warriors for The Athletic, is:

I will not guess at all the reasons why it hit nationally now instead of when the moniker first popped into my head while I was speaking on live television soon after Durant signed with the Warriors and we were discussing Curry, Thompson, Iguodala and Green flying to the Hamptons for the decisive free-agent meeting.

To be as transparent as possible — I have said this before — somebody tweeted to me earlier that the name of this lineup should have something to do with the Hamptons and that person might’ve even said it should be called the Hamptons lineup. This was a smart point. …

And I had the Hamptons on my mind when I went into the NBC Sports Bay Area studio for the long-lost probably-not-missed “SportsTalk Live” show, sat next to host Jim Kozimor, and when we started talking about the formulation of this group, it just popped out:

The Hamptons 5.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/05/nb...hy-are-they-called-hamptons-five-origin-story

This year, the Athletic SF editor-in-chief Tim Kawakami originally created the nickname and it stuck.

"I still am amused that we just matter-of-factly call them the Hamptons Five," Warriors head coach Steve Kerr said last week.

"I just feel really strange as a coach to say, 'The Hamptons Five played really well tonight,'" he added. "I can't say that, but you can."

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Says the fan who's team swept the WC playoffs last year and politely gave the Cavs a gentleman's sweep. I'm wondering if this might be KD's sock account on cf.net with how easily you've convinced yourself and the desire to need to.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

The look of complacency. The Warriors can afford to take a nap for a few games during the Western Conference Finals. I guarantee they will turn it on after they've rested! - BSPN

hakeem94 likes this.